Renaming songs/ringtones

skyraider17

Reaction score
I used phonezoo to send ringtones to my phone (since that's what I used before I had a smart phone), and i'd like to rename some of the filenames, is there any way to do this, whether thru the phone or by connecting it to my computer? Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
[snip]... i'd like to rename some of the filenames, is there any way to do this, whether thru the phone or by connecting it to my computer? Thanks

Depending on whether or not you are rooted depends on how many can be changed. If rooted, you can do both files saved on your sd card as well as in the /system/media/audio/ringtone folder.
If not rooted, you can only do the ones on your SD Card. Try to hook it to your computer using the USB cable and save them to the same path, only on your sd card: (/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones) and rename the files there. Or, download them to your computer, then enable USB storage and copy them to that location manually.

One side note, files downloaded from the web on your Droid usually go to /sdcard/downloads so check that location also to see if the files are there. Then use your computer or one of the file apps to move it to the other location.

HTH

OP
S

skyraider17

Reaction score
Figured it out, just had to plug it into my computer and go into the downloads folder. Also figured out I could move files over to the media/audio folder for text notifications.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App