Removing apps in ICS

Hodor

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been discussed somewhere, I tried searching for it and I can't find it, but under ICS are we finally able to remove/freeze bloatware? Stuff like NFL football and the like? This was supposedly part of the alure of getting ICS wasn't it?

Thanks!

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Yes, hold down app and move it to app info at the top of the screen. There you can disable, remove bloat. If it has updates first remove updates then you can disable remove bloat.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bbucks36

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been discussed somewhere, I tried searching for it and I can't find it, but under ICS are we finally able to remove/freeze bloatware? Stuff like NFL football and the like? This was supposedly part of the alure of getting ICS wasn't it?

Thanks!

better way... since this is just a leak wont hurt anything. go get root explorer navigate to system>vendor>apps...delete or freeze by adding .bak at end of exstentions. if you delete apps like backup assistant it will no longer show up in the system settings. which is nice..btw for me when i use the built in app freezer it still shows that it needs a update...im using .229 still View attachment 52501 notice backup assistant is gone from system manager

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Camoxjeep said:
Yes, hold down app and move it to app info at the top of the screen. There you can disable, remove bloat. If it has updates first remove updates then you can disable remove bloat.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I was doing this but there's a easier way, on the home screen or in the apps screen hit the button with the four squares, forgot what its called and go to manage apps, u can go down the list and disable away at em.