Remove Startup Sound

gsDroid

Reaction score
I don't like any sounds on powerup. If you root and install Root Explorer you can eliminate the startup sound by renaming the file Bionic.ogg to Bionic.bak in System > Media. Get rid of the camera sounds in System > Media > Audio > Ui and renaming Camera_click.oog and VideoRecord.ogg.

darionlear

Reaction score
or....

or what you could do is take your own custom sound and make that your start up sound. I used the application "golden wave" and took the ogg from Sega... the "Sega" start up sound and made that my bionic start up. Download the .mp3, use golden wave to resave as ogg and rename it to the Bionic.ogg and replace... boom... instant custom start up... =)

I don't like any sounds on powerup. If you root and install Root Explorer you can eliminate the startup sound by renaming the file Bionic.ogg to Bionic.bak in System > Media. Get rid of the camera sounds in System > Media > Audio > Ui and renaming Camera_click.oog and VideoRecord.ogg.

Terri M

Reaction score
or what you could do is take your own custom sound and make that your start up sound. I used the application "golden wave" and took the ogg from Sega... the "Sega" start up sound and made that my bionic start up. Download the .mp3, use golden wave to resave as ogg and rename it to the Bionic.ogg and replace... boom... instant custom start up... =)

Good to hear that we can change it! The startup sound is so soft, that I have a hard time hearing it. Call me crazy, but I prefer the Droid startup sound. LOL

K

kbatrph

AWESOME! worked like a charm!

rwking

Reaction score
Can't find the app "Golden Wave" in the market. o_O