[Release] Stock ESE81(2.1)-Deodexed

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Hey Woodyman, I am trying to deodex my phone as well. Is there any way you can give me a hand with it, since you just did it yourself? I used Xultimate and it seems that everything worked, but I'm not sure what to do from there.

um ok, if your using xultimate, after youve done steps 1,2,3,4 and everything is deodexed, then check in your done apps folder and open an apk if the classes.dex file is there then everything worked.!

from there do step no. 9

then go to advanced menu 1

do option 2

then option 6

and transfer the rom.tgz to your sdcard and reboot into recovery and apply the rom.tgz

it will boot and everything should be good from there.. :)

hope this helps

Thanks dude, I'm trying this now. The main reason I want to do it myself is because I don't want to use Pete's base. I get alot of errors with it. I don't know how he rooted it but it was giving me all kinds of problems.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Hey Woodyman, I am trying to deodex my phone as well. Is there any way you can give me a hand with it, since you just did it yourself? I used Xultimate and it seems that everything worked, but I'm not sure what to do from there.

um ok, if your using xultimate, after youve done steps 1,2,3,4 and everything is deodexed, then check in your done apps folder and open an apk if the classes.dex file is there then everything worked.!

from there do step no. 9

then go to advanced menu 1

do option 2

then option 6

and transfer the rom.tgz to your sdcard and reboot into recovery and apply the rom.tgz

it will boot and everything should be good from there.. :)

hope this helps

Thanks dude, I'm trying this now. The main reason I want to do it myself is because I don't want to use Pete's base. I get alot of errors with it. I don't know how he rooted it but it was giving me all kinds of problems.

yep, no problem.. hope it works out..

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Awesome, I got it. I just didn't understand the whole tar.tgz thing. I thought for some reason I had to ad each file manually. Lol

For anyone about to use this method, this is what I did with XUltimate:

Main Menu:
Option 9
Options 1-4 or just 5 (1-4 worked for me while 5 didn't)

Advanced Menu #1
Option 2
Option 6
Followed the prompts

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not to be picky but the livewallpaper.apk is not original. The Neural network live wallpaper is the nexus one :) I use the Neural as my wallpaper and just cant find another one I like. Any chance to get the original Livewallpaper.apk with this ROM?

Thanks!

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Awesome, I got it. I just didn't understand the whole tar.tgz thing. I thought for some reason I had to ad each file manually. Lol

Main Menu:
Option 9

Advanced Menu #1
Option 2
Option 6
Followed the prompts

I can not get option 3 or 4 to work :(

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Main Menu:
Option 9

Advanced Menu #1
Option 2
Option 6
Followed the prompts

what message are you getting? Did you do 1-4 separately or did you hit option 5?

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not to be picky but the livewallpaper.apk is not original. The Neural network live wallpaper is the nexus one :) I use the Neural as my wallpaper and just cant find another one I like. Any chance to get the original Livewallpaper.apk with this ROM?

Thanks!

I believe that's because it is based off of Pete's ESE81 release. I have a completely stock one based off the most recent update that I rooted and deodexed myself. I can share it with you, but I have no idea how to upload files to any fileshare sites. I'll try and figure that out now, cause I've been meaning to do that anyway. If you know how, tell me and I'll do it.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks!

I believe that's because it is based off of Pete's ESE81 release. I have a completely stock one based off the most recent update that I rooted and deodexed myself. I can share it with you, but I have no idea how to upload files to any fileshare sites. I'll try and figure that out now, cause I've been meaning to do that anyway. If you know how, tell me and I'll do it.

Thanks! Just go to mediefire.com and you can upload to there or megaupload

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Main Menu:
Option 9

Advanced Menu #1
Option 2
Option 6
Followed the prompts

what message are you getting? Did you do 1-4 separately or did you hit option 5?

1-4 and I just got the black screen with red text saying something is wrong. Not sure what it is but posted in other forum...

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Here's the link... MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This is completely stock, based off the full system update that was recently pushed to our phones. It's rooted, has busybox and deodexed. The only thing "custom" is that I replaced Google Maps with a new version, because I was getting force closes.

1. Unzip the file and place it in the nandroid folder at the root of your sdcard
2. backup/restore
3. advanced nandroid restore
4. choose backup
5. uncheck "data" (only BOOT and System should be slected)
6. Perform restore

You should be good from there. Let me know how it pans out for you.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Here's the link... MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This is completely stock, based off the full system update that was recently pushed to our phones. It's rooted, has busybox and deodexed. The only thing "custom" is that I replaced Google Maps with a new version, because I was getting force closes.

1. Unzip the file and place it in the nandroid folder at the root of your sdcard
2. backup/restore
4. choose backup
6. Perform restore

Thanks! just booted up so hopefully everything is fine.

Thanks once again!

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

2. backup/restore
4. choose backup
6. Perform restore

Thanks! just booted up so hopefully everything is fine.

Thanks once again!

No problem, I'm happy to help especially since I myself have been trying to get this done for a month.

B

budmonster

@met and @woody,

I tried both of your deodexed roms and it didn't change my status bar/notification bar text to white, everything is still black. I aplogize, I'm a noob at this, trying my best. I went into SPRecovery and followed your directions, I wiped several times.

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
@met and @woody,

I tried both of your deodexed roms and it didn't change my status bar/notification bar text to white, everything is still black. I aplogize, I'm a noob at this, trying my best. I went into SPRecovery and followed your directions, I wiped several times.

that's because it is not something that is done automatically when we deodex. There is an option with XUltimate to do it, so you can just download it and go from there. Here's the link... http://www.xeudoxus.com/android/xUltimate-v1.2.4.zip

B

budmonster

@met and @woody,

that's because it is not something that is done automatically when we deodex. There is an option with XUltimate to do it, so you can just download it and go from there. Here's the link... http://www.xeudoxus.com/android/xUltimate-v1.2.4.zip

I did. I typed:
(15) ADVANCED
(3) Setup xU for already deodexed phones
(4) Change color of status bar clock
(1) Clock White
"STARTING COLOR CHANGE"
"DONE COLOR CHANGE" (Modded "done_frame\services.jar")
"Transfer update to phone?" Clicked Yes..
"Transferred successfully"

I rebooted and clock text in my notificaiton/status bar is still black.

Can you tell me the proper way then. I'm new to this xUltimate tool.

Thank you. - Bud