received ota update now how do i root and unlock bootloader?

blazehok68

Reaction score
ok, so i was reading all over the place and got confused. i read somewhere that if you accept the ota update after you root and unlock boot loader, u will brick the phone. is this true for the other way around? can i root it after the update and unlck the bootloader? if so, can someone provide me links for the easiest way to do this....please:icon_ devil:

mlewis76

Reaction score
blazehok68 said:
ok, so i was reading all over the place and got confused. i read somewhere that if you accept the ota update after you root and unlock boot loader, u will brick the phone. is this true for the other way around? can i root it after the update and unlck the bootloader? if so, can someone provide me links for the easiest way to do this....please:icon_ devil:

The OTA update I got the other day was for maintenance because there is a code from China that is crashing phones and deleting everything. If it's about 138 mb that's it n u should probly download it. I have not gotten jellybean update n have no idea when I will since I live n the U.S.