Rebooting fixed?

kookk

Reaction score
I'm about an inch away from buying a tb on ebay, but I'm worried about reboots everyone is complaining about. I know the tb just got an update. Did the update fix some issues?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tc3

Reaction score
It definitely fixed mine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

squintter

Reaction score
It fixed mine also. I do have one for sale. PM if you are interested

PatrickJ

Reaction score
I'm not rooted...the update fixed REBOOTS & GPS! I wasn't having many reboots, only had a few here and there but the GPS Navagation always had a hard time locking on my position. I will say it is really quick lock-on and I'm thrilled to have it working it the way it should.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Mine has rebooted once since the update and that was because I long pressed the power button and chose reboot. I was on an airplane and thought I hit Airplane mode. LOL Yeah...I'd say the update fixed the reboots.

Nate (a very happy TB owner)

pogibry

Reaction score
From all that I've read, if u r staying stock, the update fixed those issues for the majority tb's out there. However if u decide to root, you'll never see those issues. I'm proof of that.

tc3

Reaction score
Keep in mind though that the battery is terrible ....by far the worst of any phone I've ever had.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
We have two of them and love them, never had any issues. Not one random reboot between them.

Batter life with any 4G phone is a challenge, but it also depends on how much you use your phone. Some people complain they only get a few hours. I'm not a heavy user, I never get less than 12 hours out of my stock battery and often get as much as 24. That's with screen brightness on auto and not pushing out any notifications except for email every 4 hours. Just depends on what you require/want out of your phone.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Better?

Answer: yes. My rebooting issue seemed delayed from when others complained about it. Mine was on its way to being very much worse than I could tolerate. Let me throw this in as well, mine did not always reboot but worse it would turn itself off. Not the battery died thing, by the way. Very annoying especially when I was expecting return calls to find the phone had turned itself off.

So, simply, yes OTA number 2 is a big welcome help to making the ThunderBolt much better. Next victory is getting Gingerbread in official form. Yeah, I know, root and get now...for me not yet. I do not like roulette wheel of which portion of my phone won't work with some other ROM. My choice...

mitchb2

Reaction score
I have witnessed a reboot since the update.
However, now I have a different problem. My TB gets so sluggish that it won't even respond to screen touches, and the only way to get it back is to reboot.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Doing it right now. Painfully sluggish. Even the home keys take several presses. garbage device. Garbage

kparks

Reaction score
Mine had the power down and not turn back on thing but it was very rare i didn't have any reboot problems.. and I would get the extended battery if I were you.

momsumner

Reaction score
I still can't get the update! I've contacted Verizon several times most recently night....they said the r aware of "service unavailable" issues with the update and r working on it. No estimate on time. Hurry up please! I'm beginning to think I should have stayed with my previous phone.

greyghost04

Reaction score
Mine rebooting 3 times a day. It's also running slower. Going into Verz. to se if they have anything good to say.

Reaction score
I never had the reboot issues and still don't after the update. On 4G the battery isn't great, but it isn't what I'd call terrible. I consider myself a moderate user and get 8 - 12 hours on LTE and 12 - 20 hours if I stay 3G only.