Randomly signed out of Google Talk?

liquidzoo

Reaction score
First off, hello all. I've had my Droid for a little more than a week and I absolutely love it. Came from a BB Storm 2 that I had for 2 weeks before I couldn't take the issues anymore.

Now then, on to my question/issue.

For some reason, I seem to be getting randomly signed out of Google Talk, even though everything looks fine on my end. My wife will bring it up on her Curve and it will show me logged out, but I will show as logged in on my Droid. Her messages never come to me (like they normally do through gmail if you are logged out).

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the application on my end or her end (she will also show signed out randomly, but my messages get through to her gmail account). Has anyone heard of this? There don't seem to be many apps for the bb that connect to Google Talk, and it's an acceptible replacement for bbm (my biggest hesitation to moving away from BlackBerry).

bandtank

Reaction score
First off, hello all. I've had my Droid for a little more than a week and I absolutely love it. Came from a BB Storm 2 that I had for 2 weeks before I couldn't take the issues anymore.

Now then, on to my question/issue.

For some reason, I seem to be getting randomly signed out of Google Talk, even though everything looks fine on my end. My wife will bring it up on her Curve and it will show me logged out, but I will show as logged in on my Droid. Her messages never come to me (like they normally do through gmail if you are logged out).

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the application on my end or her end (she will also show signed out randomly, but my messages get through to her gmail account). Has anyone heard of this? There don't seem to be many apps for the bb that connect to Google Talk, and it's an acceptible replacement for bbm (my biggest hesitation to moving away from BlackBerry).

I'm having the same problem and so is my wife. The nice thing about my setup is we have two to compare and we use them very differently but run into the same issues almost constantly. Google talk will randomly sign out on both of our phones, lose connectivity in the middle of a conversation while sitting on the couch also using my laptop - which is also using wifi with no connection problems - and then sometimes won't even sign back in until a reboot of the phone. This is totally unacceptable. I don't know how else to say this, but the Droid is starting to piss me off. If it was just mine, I'd say it was a lemon, but both of the Droids we bought have tons of issues.

The bottom line is the phone doesn't act like an embedded device. Embedded device users shouldn't - CAN'T - suffer through reboots of a phone just to fix wifi connectivity of a program that works flawlessly on other platforms. This is a google phone and google talk/gmail work better on an iPhone. Retarded.