Random deletion of photos / video...Isynr?

RobinIII

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster so be gentle. I'm posting here because I've found the answers to a bunch of my other questions on my droid x phone.

However, it seems I have a reoccurring issue that keeps popping up that's very annoying. When syncing my phone for music (using isyncr) it seems that my photos or videos that I dump into my videos folder get deleted. Anyone else have this sort of issue or experience a similar phenomena?

I've made sure to make sure I change the USB to charge only and eject the phone from my computer before removing it from my computer.

Are there any other good playlist syncing programs out there I could use besides isyncr?

Thanks!

OP
R

RobinIII

Reaction score
Keep happening...not with isyncr

Well...it just happened again. I hooked my phone up to my home pc last night to transfer a video (drag and drop). That seemed to work alright. I switched the mounting to Charge only, and my phone restarted while still hooked up to my home machine...so I undid the USB cable.

This morning, I hooked up via usb to my work computer (for charging)...it reads my phone as USB storage, tries running Verizons stupid bloatware, etc. Here's where it gets weirder...while it's hooked up like this, I check my gallery, my video still exists. My old photos previous wiped...they show up in my gallery! I get a little excited. I change the USB hookup option back to charge only, and take out the charging cable....the phone unmounts the SD card before I took out the charging cable. I go back to my gallery....and POOF!

my video is gone. All those original pictures are gone. The 20 photos I had that were new on my gallery from my camera...well 10 of those disappeared.

WTF is going on with this phone. I'm about to go back to an iphone. It's not an open platform, but at least I could count on it not randomly deleting things I put on it.

So frustrating. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

Thanks!

Tar Heel Talker

Reaction score
i'm having a similar problem. trying to transfer photos from droid x to laptop, and now pics in Gallery are missing. i hope i still have access to them! anyone know how I can get my pix back?

TIA!

well, pictures simply showed up again on phone. i have no idea what happened, but am in the process of emailing the important ones to myself.