radio app question

chasingvictory530

Reaction score
I know there are apps where you can download music and I know there are apps where you pick a song and it will play it and others like it, but is there and app where you can select the artist and it only play music by that particular person? Any useful info would help. Thanks!

knglou

Reaction score
slacker and pandora allow you to pick a artist and they will play music by that artist or artists that are similar i havent seen any other apps that just play music from that one particular artist

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Don't know if you will find a service which could do that. Due to contractual obligations Slacker can only play an artist so many times per hour, day, etc. I assume Pandora and any other service would be similar.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
As the responses above suggest, an app that plays only the songs you request has to pay a considerably higher royalty for their content than one that plays a variety of songs. Therefore, such applications charge a considerably higher fee.

For example, Rhapsody offers a free (beta) app for the Droid. But you have to subscribe to Rhapsody to take advantage of access to individual songs (about $120 a year, I believe.) Another excellent application on the net is MOG. They, too, have announced plans to introduce an Android app, but again, you'll have to pay a subscription fee ($60 per year) to access their content.