Quick Queston Regarding Family Plan

Deano2423

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was thinking about getting the droid for Christmas and I am on a family plan with 3 other members and share however many minutes (not sure exactly how many). Anyway I was just wondering if the process for just myself to upgrade to the Droid was difficult?

I was simply hoping to just upgrade my current phone to a droid and then just be charged $30 additional a month for my own data plan, without having to alter my family plan or minutes.

Thanks in advance

JayMonster

Reaction score
As long as your line is currently qualified for an upgrade, yes it is as simple as that.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was thinking about getting the droid for Christmas and I am on a family plan with 3 other members and share however many minutes (not sure exactly how many). Anyway I was just wondering if the process for just myself to upgrade to the Droid was difficult?

I was simply hoping to just upgrade my current phone to a droid and then just be charged $30 additional a month for my own data plan, without having to alter my family plan or minutes.

Thanks in advance
That's all you gotta do.

taypotts

Reaction score
That's exactly how it works, now what plan do you actually have? Alltel or Verizon? If Verizon which one?

Jason

Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks in advance
Yea its that easy. That is what I did and I'm on a family plan with my family that has 5 lines

taypotts

Reaction score
Well there are a couple hang ups that could happen here, I would like to know what plan you are on to see if there would be any

OP
D

Deano2423

Reaction score
Thanks a lot everyone. I'm pretty sure i just have the basic family plan with 700 or so minutes,(3 phones share minutes) we don't have unlimited texting (some set amount, I want to say 200 a month or something, but just a guess.) I'll have to double check the actual info though. I'm not home atm to verify the info.

Thanks again. I'll double check everything at a verizon store also. Very excited to pick up a droid for christmas!

taypotts

Reaction score
Thanks a lot everyone. I'm pretty sure i just have the basic family plan with 700 or so minutes,(3 phones share minutes) we don't have unlimited texting (some set amount, I want to say 200 a month or something, but just a guess.) I'll have to double check the actual info though. I'm not home atm to verify the info.

Thanks again. I'll double check everything at a verizon store also. Very excited to pick up a droid for christmas!

Ok you're def good then. Hope you enjoy :)