question

sheri

Reaction score
I have had my phone the motorolla droid for a month and a half and now the touch screen is not working and I do not think that I have insurance and the 30 day warranty is up, I was just wondering if anybody knows if they would give me a new one or if I would have to pay for a whole new one?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
definitely have it checked by a technician at the store. maybe something they can do on their end then let you know what the next step would be. good luck.

Aloha from Hawaii

OP
S

sheri

Reaction score
thank you hawaiian princess I appreciate it

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
where did you buy it?? the 30 day period (at least thru vzw) is (or, was) the return period. warranty lasts a lot longer (a year, i think). it certainly sounds like a hardware issue, and should still be under warranty.

but, if you got it only a month+ ago, you may not have gotten it from a vzw store (since they haven't carried them for several months). but still, if it was new and not refurbished, warranty period should still be longer than 30 days.

OP
S

sheri

Reaction score
huskerkate thanks but the phone was refurbished thats why i believe that the warranty was only 30 days but i should check that i guess thank you and i ordered the phone online through verizon wireless me and my family have a family plan and i was up for an upgrade, the phone is working a little better now but it is still not enough for me to use it with no problems thanks again

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's tough... i've gotta think that vzw should work with you a little, if you've got a hardware issue (which this certainly appears to be) after only 6 weeks, refurbished or not. also, since you've purchased multiple phones from them, they might be willing to cut you some slack.

the other approach you could maybe take is to try and get into a new phone. again, since the phone crapped out after only 6 weeks, maybe they might be willing to work with you. the new HTC ThunderBolt is coming out in a couple weeks - maybe you could convince them to give you an "early, early upgrade" in light of your circumstances...

good luck!

OP
S

sheri

Reaction score
Thanks huskerkate i would take another refurbished one if they had it but i dont know i might end up going back to my old envy touch its better than no phone lol thanks again i hope they work with me too especially since I just got the phone thanks