Question for those with navigation dock

tu3218

Reaction score
I just got my navigation dock for my droid yesterday an it is a very nice dock. But for those who have it, do you leave your dock up in your car all the time? Do you have your droid up on the windshield even if your not using navigation? Just getting a feel on what everyone does. I think it looks really cool an I'd like to leave it up possibly all the time. I do use my pandora a lot it would be nice to not have to look down at my droid to switch songs. So what do you guys do?

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes mounted sideways and in the dock anytime I'm in the car.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got my navigation dock for my droid yesterday an it is a very nice dock. But for those who have it, do you leave your dock up in your car all the time? Do you have your droid up on the windshield even if your not using navigation? Just getting a feel on what everyone does.
Do what you want to do. Not everyone does the same thing. Some take it down (probably to avoid a break-in), some don't. Why base your decision on a popularity contest/poll?

lauriep

Reaction score
Dock is always mounted on my dash, but I only put phone in it when using Nav, or on a longer trip. Othewise, in case at my side.

lauriep

Reaction score
I just got my navigation dock for my droid yesterday an it is a very nice dock. But for those who have it, do you leave your dock up in your car all the time? Do you have your droid up on the windshield even if your not using navigation? Just getting a feel on what everyone does.
Do what you want to do. Not everyone does the same thing. Some take it down (probably to avoid a break-in), some don't. Why base your decision on a popularity contest/poll?

What do you care?

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Mount stays in car however droid is in it only when running nav or watching a movie. If im doing either if the above i use bluetooth for calls so I dont have to keep removing. I wander if I can get a bluetooth ready car radio and sync with the droid and have instant surround sound for movies? Humm........going to go call my car radio guy now.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score

I just wanted to hear what people do, I'm not basing my decision off any of these responses. An yea why do you care?

Anyway, yeah I never thought about it for movies :icon_ banana:. See now i learned something lol

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just got the dock yesterday too. Haven't driven my car ever since though so waiting to use it. Gotta find the perfect position and all that later.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I just got the dock yesterday too. Haven't driven my car ever since though so waiting to use it. Gotta find the perfect position and all that later.

yeah, plus I gotta keep in mind having a wire plugged into it because I'm sure I'll have it charging a lot that way my battery isn't dead when I get to wherever. I wouldn't want to have a wire stretching across my window.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

yeah, plus I gotta keep in mind having a wire plugged into it because I'm sure I'll have it charging a lot that way my battery isn't dead when I get to wherever. I wouldn't want to have a wire stretching across my window.

very true. sometimes the power outlet is nowhere near where we want the phone docked. my power outlet in my car is behind my arm, and having it going across would seem kind of troublesome.

However, i have usb in my car that's right under my drivers wheel, and i think it would work great that way. No need to spend more money on a car charger either.:icon_ banana:

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score

very true. sometimes the power outlet is nowhere near where we want the phone docked. my power outlet in my car is behind my arm, and having it going across would seem kind of troublesome.

However, i have usb in my car that's right under my drivers wheel, and i think it would work great that way. No need to spend more money on a car charger either.:icon_ banana:

yeah thats awesome. so technically you can play music through the usb and charge at the same time. cool stuff!