Question about upgrading to .596

Mheller91

Reaction score
I am seeing different methods of installing .596 everywhere but don't know which one to pick. I REALLY REALLY REALLY do not want to sbf back to stock. I am on .595. Is there anyway I could flash Froyo .340 through recovery with the update.zip of froyo that is on black hat app? I just have always had bad luck with rsdlite and really prefer not to use it. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

liferefugee

Reaction score
TBH released an upgrade file that flashes on top of .595 so you don't have to redo anything. If you don't have their app, I recommend getting it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mheller91

Reaction score
I have black hat app as of yesterday. What is the name of the file? Do you flash through clockworkmod recovery?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I am seeing different methods of installing .596 everywhere but don't know which one to pick. I REALLY REALLY REALLY do not want to sbf back to stock. I am on .595. Is there anyway I could flash Froyo .340 through recovery with the update.zip of froyo that is on black hat app? I just have always had bad luck with rsdlite and really prefer not to use it. Any ideas?

No, you cannot flash a nandroid of froyo with gb installed, if you do you will be stuck flashing the sbf. TBH has an odexed and deodexed version of .596 that flashes over .595 in clockworkmod recovery.

OP
M

Mheller91

Reaction score
Okay so I downloaded the version that flashes over .595. Do I just do a straight install? No wiping or anything?

ekf028

Reaction score
Just flash it like you did all the others. I installed odex 596 over deodexed 595 with no wipe and it went perfectly.

OP
M

Mheller91

Reaction score
Worked thanks guys

sigua

Reaction score
Just flash it like you did all the others. I installed odex 596 over deodexed 595 with no wipe and it went perfectly.

Second that. Totally easy and painless. I was concerned I'd have to jump through all kind of hoops, but it only took a few minutes and didn't have to re-root or anything.