1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about themes

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ralgrl73, Dec 31, 2010.

1. ralgrl73

ralgrl73 New Member

I'm new to Android, and just wanted to be sure I'm clear on what a theme is before I start downloading and trying them out.

I have a great wallpaper on my phone which I like and want to keep. But if I download a theme will that do other things like change the native icons and maybe make the lock screen appear different? I think I'm really interested in changing the lock screen.

Advice/info/opinions are appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. Kobe24

Kobe24 New Member

It WILL change your wallpaper, if it comes with one of course. Also, I dont think its possible to change the lock screen w/o rooting.
  3. ralgrl73

ralgrl73 New Member

I saw a screenshot of a theme in which the lock screen was changed. What does "rooted" mean? (I'm new to Android... still learning everything).

I had a theme on my Blackberry Storm which changed the icons but let me have whatever wallpaper I wanted. Are there themes like that for Android?
  4. ralgrl73

ralgrl73 New Member

This is the theme I found that lets you change the lock screen.
    WidgetLocker - Android Themes, Android Mobile Wallpapers,Apps,Games Free Download
  5. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

Here is a good read on rooting
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html ----not my title

If you use a launcher like adw there are themes available in the market that you don't have to be rooted to use. You can change your wallpaper whenever you want so you don't have to use the one that comes with some of the themes. You also have a choice whether to use the icons that come with the theme or the stock icons with adw.