Qi Wireless charging not working

Rae8

Reaction score
I have the Droid Razer Maxx HDD which was purchased in Dec. 2012.

I now have a new computer that has a charging pad. Supposedly you plug it into computer, and can set your phone on it and its supposed to start charging the phone.

I do not see the charging icon activated on my phone when I place it on there. It does not appear anything is happening.

Asus motherboard teck said that according to Wikipedia, this particular phone is supposed to come with that wireless charging capability. What am I doing wrong? I have a thin phone protector on my phone which I wouldn't think would stop the charging.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Is the charging pad Qi? Have you tried moving the phone around on the pad? Some of them are finicky and have a sweet spot.

It is possible that your computer's USB port cannot supply enough power to the pad to charge the phone. Have you tried different USB ports (if it is USB powered)?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Also, the Droid Razr Maxx had the wireless charging built in, but I cannot find anything online that says the HD has it.

OP
R

Rae8

Reaction score
Is the charging pad Qi? Have you tried moving the phone around on the pad? Some of them are finicky and have a sweet spot.

It is possible that your computer's USB port cannot supply enough power to the pad to charge the phone. Have you tried different USB ports (if it is USB powered)?
Yes, back of the pad says: WPC QI . Newegg teck sais just need to set it on there. I tried moving it around on there and didn't see the charge work. Tried a different port as well.

OP
R

Rae8

Reaction score
Also, the Droid Razr Maxx had the wireless charging built in, but I cannot find anything online that says the HD has it.
I searched the user manual for Razr Maxx HDD and it doesn't hit a term QI or wireless charging. I understand that there is something you can purchase for the phone but there is no info in my manual for that.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Depending on the voltage it may just be as simple as trying the pad out with a wall wart. I'm not versed well enough in the fine art of electricity so I can't recommend doing that.

The only thing you can buy for the phone is a case that has the Qi charging built into it. If the back of the phone is removable (has a swappable battery) then you can easily buy the coil that goes inside of the phone.