[Q] NEED Beginners Guide

Cierrahauff

Reaction score
I was looking for any information on how to root Droid X2 I looked in the list and did not find it listed I know what rooting your phone is and I understand the benefits and possible side effects if done incorrectly I have tried to do as much research as possible and am still not finding the answers I am looking for. I have jailbroken iphones and ipod touches as well as unlocked many phones. The droid X2 has me still confused as to where even to begin the process of i have seen people call it Pre-rooting. I dont know what I should use as far as the rooting app with what my system is running nor can I seem to find anything on 2.3.4. hopefully maybe someone here can give me a step by step process to follow for what I need to have on my phone as far as apps software and so fourth to get my phone rooted. I have put all my phone information below. any advice tips or instructions would be much appreciated. I am a beginner at all of this new technology and am just trying to get into it so I am lousy with the abrev. like SPFing OTA ROM Nandroid?? Also Froyo dont really get where I can find any specific how to's on knowing what they do where you can find them what they mean. I believe froyo is something you go to for back ups other than that I am not quite sure. OTA I am guessing firmware?? I am truely at lose with all of it and would love to learn more. I am not planning on rooting my phone until I am absolutely sure that I can do it and that I understand every aspect of all the steps and programs involved. thank you in advance for any help or tips Droid X2 Android version 2.3.4
? Baseband Version n_03.13.28s ???
? Kernal version 2.6.32.9-00005-g2440aba ??
? ERI version 5 ??
?? PRL version 52522 ??? ANY ??? MEANS I DONT KNOW IF YOU NEED THIS
INFO. NOR DO I KNOW WHAT IT IS AND ITS
PURPOSE ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.