PS3 Controller

darkmatter

Reaction score
So I ran the compatibility checker for the sixaxis controller, and it said it would work. I've followed all instructions, but I just can't seem to get this thing to work. Has anyone else tried this?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en

T
his with hdmi mirroring is one of the things I was looking forward to most about getting root.

*edit

hmm, a comment in the market might hold my answer. Guess I'll have to wait and see, lol.
Few bugs still need to be worked out. If you stop or turn off the app while controller is still on, it won't allow you to re-connect till controller turns its self off. The controller has to be off before you start the app and turn on the app. Would like to be able to create different profiles. The process of having to download and install drivers on my win7 to sync the controller was a bit scary for me tbh. Overall, very happy!!!

*again
some progress I guess, in that I get a connection message, but I still can't get the controller to do anything.

Last edited:

shibbychris

Reaction score
I got the sixaxis controller to function using the Blueputdroid app available on the market. Requires root.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
for a second I thought I had it with blueputdroid, but I can't get it to pair with the controller. I like that app though, be nice if it worked for win7.

I must be doing something wrong, I can't even get a wiimote to work.

Last edited:

rvcjew

Reaction score
i heard the Bluetooth stack on the droid 3 is different so it doesn't work yet. ill try it with mine holdon. EDIT : i thought this was to let me use a ps3 controller on the D3 like on gameboid I have no use for this and my ps3 is currently at friends lol.

Last edited:
OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
The first one is to use the contoller with emulators and such. The other one is to use the phone as a keyboard for ps3.

I'm trying to get a controller working for my emulators. So far I'm notnhaving any luck.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

rvcjew

Reaction score
Damn bought the app and it works for pairing and I can control the os but gameboid wont see it even with advanced input in othersettings.

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
I got an emailback from the sixaxis guy

There is as issue with the Droid 3 and the normal Input Method. I am currently working on this and hope to have a fix within the next couple of days.

Many apologies

shibbychris

Reaction score
yeah I misunderstood what you were trying to accomplish. I can control my ps3 with my d3 like a remote for movies or whatever. Haven't tried using a controller on my phone, but it sounds like a cool idea.

Frow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
What App are you using to control your ps3?

joeyx2

Reaction score
Sorry to get a little off topic but i don't want to make a new tread to ask it. Is there an app that allows me to use my camera on my phone for voice/video chat?

rvcjew

Reaction score
Search for the modded skype on xda