Problems using Google calendar on desktop and HTC Sync on Droid!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by CatB, Sep 17, 2010.

1. CatB

CatB New Member

I am currently using Google Calendar on my desktop to sync with Outlook, strictly as a "backup" for my Outlook calendar, in case something were to happen and I needed a backup of my Outlook Calendar.

I tried using Google Sync/Calendar on my Droid Incredible but had some problems and decided to go back to using HTC sync. Since that time, I have hard reset my phone but am now having problems with some appts showing up in duplicate on my Outlook calendar, My Google calendar and on my phone.

Even though I am only using HTC Sync on my phone and only using Google Calendar/Sync on my desktop, could this be the reason for these duplicates in all 3 places? Do I need to stop using Google calendar/Google sync with my Outlook to prevent this from happening further?

I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Also, the only reason I stopped using Google Calendar for my Droid was that it seems you cannot keep more than a month or so worth of past appt's in your calendar and I need to go back at least a year for work. Does anyone else find this limitation or anything else about Google Calendar annoying and limiting???????

Thanks!
    Cat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]I am currently using Google Calendar on my desktop to sync with Outlook, strictly as a "backup" for my Outlook calendar, in case something were to happen and I needed a backup of my Outlook Calendar.

I tried using Google Sync/Calendar on my Droid Incredible but had some problems and decided to go back to using HTC sync. Since that time, I have hard reset my phone but am now having problems with some appts showing up in duplicate on my Outlook calendar, My Google calendar and on my phone.

Even though I am only using HTC Sync on my phone and only using Google Calendar/Sync on my desktop, could this be the reason for these duplicates in all 3 places? Do I need to stop using Google calendar/Google sync with my Outlook to prevent this from happening further?

I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Also, the only reason I stopped using Google Calendar for my Droid was that it seems you cannot keep more than a month or so worth of past appt's in your calendar and I need to go back at least a year for work. Does anyone else find this limitation or anything else about Google Calendar annoying and limiting???????

Thanks!
    Cat
Search tags for this page

htc google calendar problems

htc sync data purged

problems using google calendar

sync htc merge calendar