Problems sending/receiving text messages

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by AnotherProject, Aug 3, 2011.

1. AnotherProject

AnotherProject New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I just got my VZW Droid Pro today and it activated just fine. However, I cannot send or receive text messages. I can place and receive calls, send and receive emails, and even my Facebook and Twitter feeds work fine. I also have no trouble accessing the internet. The only issue I seem to be facing is the fact I can't send a text message. Every time I send a text message, I get an instant notification "text message not sent." It's no problem to clear the notification, I just don't understand why my text messages are not going through. I called customer service and was informed that the Verizon computer network is down so they can't access any account information so I was hoping someone here might have some helpful suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

2. jimidurham

jimidurham New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    interesting I have droid x recently had the opposite problem could text but couldnt call or receive calls.No sarcasm hope you have better luck than the rest of us

3. google123

google123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First thing to is determine if the problem is the network or if its just the phone/app.

First thing I would do is try *228 option 1 to reprogram the phone, reboot and try again.

If still no luck, then you can start troubleshooting the phone/app. Try to clear cache/data for the messaging app using menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>text messaging and click clear cache/data. then try again.

if it still doesn't work, try an alternate app such as chompsms(my personal choice) or handcent sms from the market.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sometimes have this problem and it's really frustrating, but *228 always fixes it. I'm not sure whether the issue is on the side of the phone or if it's Verizon, I never had this issue with my Blackberry though. Happens a lot less often these days anyway.

5. Goalieman

Goalieman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since my software on the phone was updated, for me to send a text message to a contact with "1+" in the phone number (Face book contact), I have to add a Subject: to the text message before sending. This seems to work every time but it's a pain in the rear! If anyone comes up with a fix, please let me know!!!

6. VZW_CS

VZW_CS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, Have you attempted the *228 to correct this issue? Are you still having problems sending messages?I would also suggest a soft reset. This is pulling the battery from the back of the phone while it is powered on. Then, wait 60 seconds and then re-attach the battery and power the phone on. Once this is complete, please then try and send another message.Please post back with your results. Thank you!^CBVZW SupportFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

7. Jonhustle

Jonhustle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the same issue. I just purchased a Driod Pro last week. I cannot send or receive text messages, but everything else works fine. I first went back to the Verizon store and spent over an hour with them with no success. We tried a hard reset and that didn't work. I then found this thread and attempted to try the suggested solutions.
    - I tried *228 and that didn't work
    - I tired a soft reset and that didn't work
    - I tried installing ChompSMS and that didn't work. It still doesn't send or receive in Chomp.
    - I tried sending a text and adding a subject and that actually did work. However, I still cannot receive messages and adding a subject each time I send a text doesn't seem like an adequate solution.

Any other suggestions? I'd really appreciate and will try and other ideas. Thanks.

Search tags for this page

droid pro texting problems

i had an i phone then got a droid and i can receive texts
motorola droid will not send or receive text messages
my motorola phone ia having a jard time recieving text messa

text messages not going through

text not going through
texts not going through
why are my group text messages not going through droid?

why are my texts not going through

why will my verizon lg phone not send the text