Problem with long DMTF tones following pauses in phone # in Contacts

sailbum

Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ on ATT OS ICS 4.04 NOT rooted

When I dial a conference call, check voicemail or make a credit card call using the dialer manually, it works fine.

However, when I store the access number, pauses, and additional numbers in Contacts (format for sample credit card call to Austria 555 555 555 ,,, 011 43 1 555 5555), the Nexus produces VERY long tones following the pauses (,,,)

The tones themselves have little gap between them, and this generates an error. i sm forced to manually dial all such calls now, as the Contacts directory cannot be used successfully.

No DMTF menu is present either in main Settings or in Dialer Settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

OCDroid

Reaction score
This isn't exactly a solution, since I rather like the ICS dialer, but have you considered trying a different dialer from the market?

OP
S

sailbum

Reaction score
I tried multiple dialer apps, and the problem persists.

Problem identified. The issue has to do with the microphones. If I put the mic on mute as soon as the first pause starts (before the conference call access code dialed), the call goes through. The problem has to do with the microphone picking up the DTMF tone during dialing. Interestingly, this is also a problem when dialing while using a headset.

I hope Samsung is listening. This is a phone issue in an otherwise awesome handset.

OCDroid

Reaction score
Strange. Unless there are a bunch of other people complaining about this issue I think I'd take it to AT&T and let them look at it.