1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem recording video

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Danja, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Danja

Danja New Member

Hello,

I tried to record video today on my X and ran into a problem. When I hit the stop button when finished recording, the screen freezes and nothing happens. If I go back to the home screen and then go to the gallery, the video takes space on the drive but is missing a preview icon and when I select it, it tells me it can't play the video. I've been playing around with it and it seems that the longer I record, the higher the chance of it freezing. I thought it was a memory problem but I checked ATK and the only apps running are BBC news, Pulse, and my email client for a total of 90 M free.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? Also, are there any camera apps that I can try to use with the X's camera for perhaps better results? I tried CameraZoom but it crashes when I change to video mode. Finally, is there a way to recover the videos that the phone froze while shooting?

Thanks,

Dan
  2. dtsig

dtsig New Member

If the video is corrupt then there is probably nothing that can be done but will leave that for someone else.

You might look at Camera 360 ... I don't use it but a lot of people seem to like it
Search tags for this page

droid x video recovery of videos that wont play