Printing to a wireless network printer?

AaronJae

Reaction score
Anyone know if printing to a wireless networked printer in my local area network when im on my wifi is even possible?

I cant seem to find a print shortcut or option anywhere on any of the programs or apps on my Droid 2.....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
See if Motoprint is available. Came with Razr and works well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bladewriter

Reaction score
MOTOPRINT came with my Bionic, but the problem is it only supports a few printers for direct wifi printing. For the others, you have to download a program (Windows only) and install it to a PC connected to your printer. If you are willing to have your PC on all the time as a print server (or have to turn it on every time you print) then you can print via wifi to nonsupported printers. Kind of hassle, so I don't use it. There is also something called PrintBot in the market, but haven't tried it.

nikecar

Reaction score
what brand and model is the printer? Some printers allow it, and have an app. HP has an app to print to wifi printers anywhere. There is also PrinterShare app.

I updated the firmware on my HP P1102w laserjet and installed the ePrint app. Worked initially then bombed. Each time when I tried to fix it, as soon as I redid the app, it crashed everything. Took me a while to get everything set back up again.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Motoprint works, big downside I noticed was I couldn't cancel my print job once it started. I haven't really dove into it, but there wasn't any one-touch actions to stop the print job. I had to force close the app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
A

AaronJae

Reaction score
I didnt realize epson had its own printing app until i went searching for ur recommendations....

& it works GREAT!

I can now just print out ebay shipping labels from my phone, without having to get off the vpn on my work computer so i can print to the local network.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums