Prevent update of App

LeoBloom

Reaction score
[SOLVED] Prevent update of App

No, this is not a question about application autoupdates, I know there is a switch for that on the given app's market page. What I am talking about is the market's "update all" function, that is, the button that appears at the top of the market page when you have two or more apps that require updates. Since I like trying new versions of everything, I frequently use that button to avoid updating everything individually, however there is one application, Google Maps, that I'd like to leave out of the mix. I have version 4.7.0 and I find that anything 5 and above freezes my Droid PRO, so I'd like to keep my app at this version. The problem is that it is flagged for an update in the market and, of course, pressing update all would update Maps as well. Is there anyway to restrict this app from updating or being flagged for an update?

Last edited:

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
You may be able to do that with AppBrain.
Scroll to the app. Hit the red "X". "Never update this app"

OP
L

LeoBloom

Reaction score
Well, I figured out an answer to my problem.

I use TitaniumBackup to do this so you will need to be rooted. In TB, you can look up an up, long press it, and "Detach from market," effectively ceasing any connection between the apk and market. Now I can keep my v4.7.0 forever!

I don't think Brainfire's solution is good because if my memory serves, appbrain will require you to manually approve each app installation in the market anyway

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Google Maps is always one of the few that won't work with the update all button on my phone. It always has to be updated individually for me.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Some apps will say Update(manual) in red if they are supposed to require a manual update and in this case update all will not update it if memory serves me right.