preparing sdcard > checking for errors

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting this message and it us not going away I can't access my sdcard via root explorer. I am not hike so I can't plug my Droid into a computer. I have done a reboot
Battery pull
Pulled the sdcard and booted

Nothing helping....

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Do you mean it still said that after you booted without an sdcard? That could be bad. Have you recently placed a lot of files on the card? I think the more stuff you have on it, the longer it takes to scan. Have you tried just letting it sit for a while?

OP
Flomaster

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm home now so I'll try and copy my data from the sdcard to the computer and do a format on the sdcard HOPEFULLY that will solve my error problem....

but yeah normally the phone will check sdcard for 30 seconds or so after booting up, but when its been 10 minutes then 20 minutes and still checking for errors some thing is not right.

I am copying files from sdcard to computer I will report back after I do a format on the card and load my files back on it

I am optimistic my problem will be solved
-=Jason=-

EDIT: 4 hours to transfer 7 gigs EEKKKKK....

I am going to pull the sdcard and put it in my card reader on the laptop I think the usb cable is slowing down my transfer speed.

EDIT/EDIT: gonna take 10 minutes with the microsdcard in the laptop card reader... woot woot

-=Jason=-

Last edited:
OP
Flomaster

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The formatting fixed my problem.
-=jason=-

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
can it be formatted while in the phone if plugged into pc? or do i have to take it out of the phone? don't have an sd card reader and having this exact problem... went to bed fine, woke up, did a nandroid restore, and now it's doing this..

edit... i guess that was a dumb question since the computer won't even see it without a mounted sd card :icon_eek:

trying to figure out what to do here...

Last edited:

jsaya

Reaction score
Ran into this problem too - ultimately Check Disk in Windows w/ the MicroSD card plugged into a reader solved it

I was recording a video and ran out of room on my card and so I went into Astro to try to free up some space, deleted a file and it seemed fine till Astro force closed and then the error msg showed up

I did backup the latest files / vids first and also of note, when I went to the video file that got cut off (96kb) Windows crashed. Went back and was able to delete it - someone else had a similar 'problem file' here - https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/21343 - formatting fixed it

hope that helps... glad chkdsk worked cause I really didn't feel like dumping 16GBs of stuff