Postage Stamps going Up

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Postage stamps is going up on Sunday. anyone use stamps anymore or do you do everything online when possible. Personally, I used to use a couple rolls of stamps a year. Over the last five years I may have used one stamp. None last year. I get all of my bills online so nothing important is mailed to me anymore...unless you count the publishers clearing house entries :)

The price of First-Class Mail Forever Stamps will climb from 49 to 50 cents. Postcards will climb from 34 to 35 cents and metered letters will climb from 46 to 47 cents.

above stolen from USPS: Price of stamps set to increase Sunday

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have to drop a few things per month in the regular mail. And I'm Ok with this. Never really understood why they just didn't go to 50 cents a few years ago, and why 49 cents? A 20 stamp booklet will now cost $10....easy peasy

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I have to drop a few things per month in the regular mail. And I'm Ok with this. Never really understood why they just didn't go to 50 cents a few years ago, and why 49 cents? A 20 stamp booklet will now cost $10....easy peasy

Sajo, this is so simple it is laughable. If the government allowed them to raise it to 50, they would have more to waste. Then they would assume "WE" can only raise the price in "easy peasy" intervals. 55 then 60 then 75 then $1. All the while threatening to drop Saturday delivery. I think we should hire Uber drivers to deliver the mail. They work for less than USPS workers and will bring their own vehicle and insurance to the game.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good point Lloyd.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Sajo, this is so simple it is laughable. If the government allowed them to raise it to 50, they would have more to waste. Then they would assume "WE" can only raise the price in "easy peasy" intervals. 55 then 60 then 75 then $1. All the while threatening to drop Saturday delivery. I think we should hire Uber drivers to deliver the mail. They work for less than USPS workers and will bring their own vehicle and insurance to the game.

but uber does a lot of price gouging...err...I mean price surging...Hate to see the charges when there is a lot of mail.

as far as dropping saturday delivery, I am against it. I am for dropping wednesday mail service instead. this way you will be without mail service for one day at a time, not two days in a row.

Last edited:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I'm all for the MWF system also. But the impact would be far reaching. The way our system is set up several other laws would need to change also. By law the USPS most deliver mail in 4 days max. They would then have to extend that time to 5-6 days. Bills would have to be mailed sooner and the 10 days transit times would have to be extended to 14-15 days. Credit card companies will have a cow, their cut off day would be about the 15th to get it billed in the current month. BTW this is why they love eBilling people.

Let's just go to the Costa Rica system. Just go to the post office and get your mail. :) I'd rather shoot myself. :mad:

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I'm all for the MWF system also. But the impact would be far reaching. The way our system is set up several other laws would need to change also. By law the USPS most deliver mail in 4 days max. They would then have to extend that time to 5-6 days. Bills would have to be mailed sooner and the 10 days transit times would have to be extended to 14-15 days. Credit card companies will have a cow, their cut off day would be about the 15th to get it billed in the current month. BTW this is why they love eBilling people.

Let's just go to the Costa Rica system. Just go to the post office and get your mail. :) I'd rather shoot myself. :mad:

I don't think credit card companies would have a cow. Look how many more late payments they would get and all the fees associated with them :).

I tried a post office box several times because of my neighborhood but it turned out I would only check it when I thought about it, about once every couple of weeks. what a pain...

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
4 days max? Well then where do I get refunds from for not letters not being delivered on time?

Also, what's a credit card?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
If only there was a way to outsource this to China or India. Think of all the trouble that would save. They could open your bank statement and steal the info and reseal it back up. Easy peasy. Steal your tax refund before you can even see it. No problemo. I think I got something here, might have to run it past Trumpmeister.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
If only there was a way to outsource this to China or India. Think of all the trouble that would save. They could open your bank statement and steal the info and reseal it back up. Easy peasy. Steal your tax refund before you can even see it. No problemo. I think I got something here, might have to run it past Trumpmeister.

sounds good to me :)