Popcorn Time To Release An Updated Android App In June

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

popcorn-time-android-jpg.77468

Popcorn Time is a very popular downloading/streaming service which provides the latest in TV and Movie content on the web. Of course it does so through shady means. The app is kind of like a streamlined torrenting service. It uses your data to upload files you have downloaded through the service as you download content. It pulls bits and pieces of a file from several "seeders" and streams that content to you as the content is downloaded. Not only is this app a bit shady, it is also the most likely type of app to trigger an email to cease and desist from the RIAA since you are required to actively upload.

Regardless of the risks the app is one of the most popular when it comes to pirating content. The app has been a bit sloppy and need of a refresh for a while. The Popcorn Team has announced they are working on an update which will bring the version to 3.0, will include a new UI, Material Design, new features, performance improvements, and much more. The new version should be available by the end of June. As always use this app at your own risk.

via popcorn-time.to

Attachments

• popcorn-time-android.jpg
    popcorn-time-android.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 3,738

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Use VPN with this app so you don't get letters from your broadband provider saying you were distributing such and such content on such and such date. Not that it ever did any good and supposedly it has since stopped US internet providers stop sending piracy warnings I haven't got these love letters in a few years but used to get them every now and then from both Comcast and timer warner/bright house.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Popcorn is more user friendly. Just install the app on Windows/ios/Android and you are good to go.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Use Terrarium TV! Same concept, except you're not torrenting files. They use file storing hosts, such as Google Drive, to stream content. Using popcorn time I would often receive letters. I've never once received a letter using Terrarium TV.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

meltonz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone
I have Netflix but also downloaded Popcorn TIme. I've never used a VPN for streaming but the newest version says its recommended to use a VPN. I've read many forum threads and found that a VPN is not required to use Popcorn Time but its recommended secure your privacy. Anyway, if you recieve the same message, be sure that you select a VPN provider that do not keep log files. This will make you really anonymous and safe. Hope it'll be helpful.

MOD NOTE: Unapproved Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

DylanCooper

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s7 edge
Twitter
@dylan_cooper
I have Netflix but also downloaded Popcorn TIme. I've never used a VPN for streaming but the newest version says its recommended to use a VPN. I've read many forum threads and found that a VPN is not required to use Popcorn Time but its recommended secure your privacy. Anyway, if you recieve the same message, be sure that you select a VPN provider that do not keep log files. This will make you really anonymous and safe. Hope it'll be helpful.
Initially, I didn't care about logs thing, I picked one from these vpn for netflix providers, have tried Express and Pure vpn. I would now take care of logs as I never want them be there.

MOD NOTE: Unapproved Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator: