Please help ! Droid X stuck in safe mode

rkelly

Reaction score
Issue, this is what is going on with my phone. It got a little rain on the front on the screen, however; the water damage indicator is not blured out nor change of color. The phone was fine. I turned it off, pulled the battery, and dryed it off. I powered it back on. I have SAFE MODE displayed in the botton left corner of my screen, and the far left button is locked out. I have tried rebooting the phone several times. I have reflashed it with RSD lite, and a stock 2.2 froyo rom. Stupid SAFE MODE will not go away. I am still able to use my phone, calls, text messages, and most apps work fine. I can not access apps on my SD card. It does not matter if the SD card is in or out of phone, it still displays SAFE MODE. I also took the phone apart, and put a hair dryer to it to make sure it was dryed out.

Is there a way to stop the phone from going into safe mode? Can an aftermarket ROM be flashed that maybe doesnt have safe mode enabled, or if I root the phone, is there a way to get deeper into the operating system of the phone to shut off Safe Mode?

Thanks for anyone that has had this issue, or may know how to repair the problem.

OP
R

rkelly

Reaction score
droid x stuck in safe mode, non- rooted

No, it is not rooted. YET ! phone is all stock.