Picture gallery

Sharston

Reaction score
I've been trying to look at my pictures in the gallery for the last couple days. I have two pictures that for some reason aren't loading all the way. I get maybe the top half of the picture and then just a grey bar. This is in the thumb nail and when I try to view/send the picture. I also have a picture that just won't load at all. I've tried a soft reset and this did nothing. Anyone else have this problem or a fix for it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mewshi

Reaction score
It sounds like the picture files you're trying to view/send/whatever are corrupted. If you have a copy on the PC, re-copy them. If not... sorry, sounds like you're SOL :\

OP
S

Sharston

Reaction score
It sounds like the picture files you're trying to view/send/whatever are corrupted. If you have a copy on the PC, re-copy them. If not... sorry, sounds like you're SOL :\
Why is this happening though? It happens to every couple pictures. Is it my sd card or something with the camera/gallery?

mewshi

Reaction score
Honestly, not a clue on that end, but it sounds like the files are either being outright corrupted or at the very least truncated to a shortened file...

OP
S

Sharston

Reaction score
Honestly, not a clue on that end, but it sounds like the files are either being outright corrupted or at the very least truncated to a shortened file...
So basically I just get to deal with it? That stinks. But thanks for the reply.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm also wondering if your SD card is bad...?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
S

Sharston

Reaction score

DroidForums junkie!!
I was wondering that too. How can I check that?

I got the phone last week and I have the card that came with it. I haven't even taken it out or anything. I guess maybe I could have downloaded a bad app or something?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

DroidForums junkie!!
I was wondering that too. How can I check that?

I got the phone last week and I have the card that came with it. I haven't even taken it out or anything. I guess maybe I could have downloaded a bad app or something?

Could be an app, which one, I know not.

Best way to check for a bad SD card is to replace it with a known good card and see what happens.

OP
S

Sharston

Reaction score
Alright. Couldn't hurt to try that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App