Picture Frame that Speed Dials

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Hello all,

Either my google/search-fu is not so good, or no one touched on this.

I have the Noo Picture Frame app that adds a photowidget to your dekstop, and assigns it to a contact so all you have to do is press that photoframe, and you can dial that person directly from it.

Problem is, it stops working for no reason that I can find. I'm constantly deleting the widget and remaking it.

Are there any other apps that do the same thing? My Android-Market-Fu is not very good either, it seems.

jodyberry

Reaction score
I use Quickdial. It shows a fullscreen of 12 photos so all you have to do is touch a photo and it dials that person.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I use Quickdial. It shows a fullscreen of 12 photos so all you have to do is touch a photo and it dials that person.
Thanks for telling me about Quickdial, I'll probably make use of it, though I don't think it'll do what I want exactly.

jodyberry

Reaction score
How different is NooPictureFrame than just making a widget on your screen.

I made a widget to call someone, and it added their picture that was in their contact info. So now it's a widget with their pic and all I do is press it to call.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score

I made a widget to call someone, and it added their picture that was in their contact info. So now it's a widget with their pic and all I do is press it to call.
Ooh. When I went and read about it, it seemed as if you had to call up the app and it'd display a bunch of contacts with pictures. Maybe I misunderstood it, or didn't see all the information?

It sounds like it might just do what I want then. Will check it out when I've got more money in my app fund.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why don't you people just make a folder with shortcuts (direct dial, message or both) to all your favorite contacts? Maybe i'm missing something.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Why don't you people just make a folder with shortcuts (direct dial, message or both) to all your favorite contacts? Maybe i'm missing something.
It's just because I like having a little picture of my lady's face on my home screen that I can also poke at to dial her... lol:icon_eek:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
oh okies lol i guess the little shortcut pic isn't big enough. i just threw that in becuz you were considering quickdial which to me is a waste of money if you can just make a folder with your favs in it :D i'll have to look into that picture frame you're talking about :D

nerdbox08

Reaction score
If you create a short cut of a direct dial it shows up with there pix...It's just kinda small, but free!

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I've been messing around with creating the direct dial shortcuts. I've noticed that about half the time it does not create a shortcut, and I have to do it again to get one?

Edit: nevermind it was dropping it behind other shortcuts for some reason.

M1dnite

Reaction score

NooPictureFrame... cant find it in market...