photo management?

greenteagod

Reaction score
I saw a thread in the droid sub forum but didn't see anything here in the eris section. Is there a way to sort photo albums?

I have several sub folders in my dcim folder but when browsing the albums all photos are listed in the "camera shots" album and there are no sub-folders therein. It definitely makes it tedious when sending pics as on my old phone I would sort them by folder so it would be easy to browse.

Is this something that I'll have to wait for 2.0 on or is there a solution?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I just read about and downloaded Astro file manager. I have been playing with it for a few minutes and it looks like it should be able to do what you want.

On a side note I am totally loving this Android platform. Seems every day I read about or learn something new to try.

OP
G

greenteagod

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is not the case. Astrology has alreafy been used to sort the folders themselves. The actual issue is that when going toalbums, all photos are showing under the captured photos album and not being sorted by the folders I've created.

So organization of the folders is not the issue, having them actually be sorted while viewing albums is.

OP
G

greenteagod

Reaction score
Ah I see, so the card definitely needs to have a certain file structure set up and then re-mounted. Though it doesn't look like it much cares for sub folders at all.

I created a Pictures folder in the root, and put folders under it of certain subsets like /cars /food /friends and in those folders I have individual folders for each of my friends, any photos of cars separated out, etc etc etc. But it looks like when loaded in album it displays the deepest folder and doesn't sort them into the folders above that.

An improvement from before, but could definitely still use some work.