Phone running slow, not acting 'right'

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by rmmcgar, Jul 5, 2013.

1. rmmcgar

rmmcgar New Member

It's taking several seconds to a minute to open up an app, including my picture gallery. Also, I STILL cannot send or receive picture messages, no matter what app I use. I was using Go SMS, however, I've tried others with no luck.
    Please help with the lagging phone, and the inability to send and receive pictures.
    I have tried everything I can think of, shoot me your thoughts.
    Thanks
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

What android version are you on? 2.3.4 or 2.3.5? Who is your carrier? Have you rooted or made any modifications to your phone? If not, would you be willing to?

My first thought is to clear your cache in stock recovery. Turn the phone off, Hold volume down + power until the screen turns on, when it does release power but continue holding volume down until it says "fastboot" at the top. Press volume down 7 times until it says android recovery at the top, press volume up, at the ! screen press volume up + volume down together to enter recovery. Scroll with volume buttons to wipe cache partition and power to select it. Once it's done reboot and see if it helps. If not, post back regarding the questions I asked and we can go from there.
  3. bats101

bats101 New Member

i am new to the forum my x2 must have a heat problem after constant use in the car or exposing to 80+ degree temps the screen goes crazy icons wiggling non responsive features . also the cpu area (i guess) is very warm below battery area. sometimes you can turn off unit and let it cool down and it may go back to normal. or pull battery .. i have several times done a data reset ... its got fully charged battery sd mem verizen phone any help would be very appreciated i am an electronic tech and thought about adding somekind of heatsink to the unit ...
Search tags for this page
android acting slow
android phone running slow

android running slow

htc rezound running slow

my android phone is running slow

my phone is running slow

phone acting slow
phone is acting slow

phone is running slow

phone running slow

why is my android phone slow