Phone Repeatedly Shuts off when in Camera mode. Help?

ileahiclean

Reaction score
Hello,
Occasionally my Droid 2 will "fall asleep" in the middle of a task. Most commonly when I am using Facebook, or trying to take a picture. The screen will be on, then it will suddenly go blank. I have to hit the power button, unlock the screen, and a second later, it goes blank again. So I hit the power button, unlock the screen, then it goes blank again... and the process repeats a few times. It goes from "on" to "asleep" multiple times in a matter of seconds.
Any idea why this is happening? It is not consistent, but happens at least once a day. It is MOST frustrating, especially when I'm trying to take a picture, or listen to a voicemail, and all of a sudden the screen goes blank and I'm locked out. Verizon store was no help. =(

ntellya

Reaction score
I wish I could be of help, however I can merely echo your experience. I have found specifically that the phone shuts off when I'm attempting to use the camera, particularly when it is vertically held. I returned one phone for this reason, and just found out my refurb replacement I received yesterday does the same thing. I cannot take a picture with the camera vertically (portrait)...pretty limiting and UNACCEPTABLE.
Verizon's customer service (if they really consider it that) is useless at everything. They don't know their products at all. I've had better luck with Motorola. At this point, I'm going to contact them tomorrow. Verizon sucks.