Phone freezes then re-boots..freezes then rebootsover and over

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
First things first.

1. Running a D1 rooted via Easy Root with BB v0.4
2. Custom Indigo Theme
3. kernel

I installed BB 0.4 about a week ago, ran flawlessly, and first custom ROM for me.
I then decided to go a step further 2 days ago and install a Custom Theme, (Indigo Blue them..not sure of the author). Ran fine as well.
This afternoon I decided to install a custom Kernel, Chevy's 1 1.25ghz lv. After install, the phone froze about 10sec after booting-up, then shut down, freeze after booting-up...etc...

Now I can get in CLockworkMod Recovery, but have no idea how to get out of the loop. I guess I installed the wrong Kernel.

js0724

Reaction score
Restore your backup or try a different kernel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need a slower kernel. Start with an 800 and then work your way up.

Do you have Setcpu? If not dl it and set it to start on boot and set the max at about 600. Then you can move it up as the system will let you.

Good luck.

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
You need a slower kernel. Start with an 800 and then work your way up.

Do you have Setcpu? If not dl it and set it to start on boot and set the max at about 600. Then you can move it up as the system will let you.

Good luck.

I have Setcpu, but cant get to it because it freezes a few seconds after startup

MrKleen

Reaction score
Different Droids run differently with the different kernels. If you were on a ultra low voltage kernel, bump it up to a low voltage. And as another said, try going back to a little slower kernel and work up to find what works best with your phone. Good luck!