Pandora sounds like crap when connected to car...

akj27

Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen? When I used to own an iphone and had it connected to my car songs from Pandora sounded pretty good, not with the droid. Anyone know why? I have the high quality option set to on too

erfoster

Reaction score
It sounds fine to me, and I'm picky about good quality sound. It's not cd quality, but its not bad enough to bother me. Can you give a better definition of sounds like crap? Also, how is it conntected?

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
It's connected using an aux cable that connects from the headphone jack to the car's aux. I've tried it on two cars and it sounds like a crackling sound sort of.

Smity

Reaction score
Try adjusting the volume on the Droid itself, sometimes it will crackle if the media volume is all the way up. Try turning it down a few notches and just turn the volume up on the radio itself.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
it sounds fine in my car i even ran a test using my droid and then a co-workers iphone and we could not notice any difference. the audio quality of pandora on both the iphone and on the droid is reduced to allow seamless playback on the wireless device.

streaming music will never sound as good as an MP3

TheShaz

Reaction score
I tried it earlier today - Pandora running - it was playing some Aerosmith - going out via Bluetooth Stereo to a Motorola T505 FM adapter.

Sounded just fine :motdroidvert:

Need to get a cardock soon :icon_eek:

heem

Reaction score
The answer to that crackling is the volume. Think of a guitar distortion pedal and how it works and yojull have an idea as to what's going on. Turn it to aqbout 2/3s full

Also check it without being plugged in to power - you may need to isolate alteernator noise

D

DroidMastar

hmm

Well there are a few things it could be. First check audio settings in your car, trembl, bass, etc. Then cbeck the aux cable I recommend purchasing a belkin cable it works great and is pretty durable. I had a rinky dink cable that caused my sgreaming audio and most other audio to sound terrible. Are you charging your phone while you play music? That can cause screeching and distortion as well.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Definitely could be the power cable. I originally had mine charging with an aftermarket cable and had crackling. Switched to the original Motorola USB cable and the crackling went away.

xmnj

Reaction score
Not that it will help with the op issue but if you go to settings, you can turn on the higher quaility option which will cause the startup to be a bit longer to buffer.

Zippster

Reaction score
I had this a couple times too, turned out for me that it was just certain "channels" from Pandora, I switched and others were clear and good. Tried the "bad" ones later and all was well again. :noworktomorrow:

wsbsteven

Reaction score
Pandora sounds great here, better than my BB Pearl. Also I'm not sure if people know this but the high quality option is for Pandora One subscribers and does nothing if you use a free account.

TomN

Reaction score
Pandora sounds great for me, but Slacker is the one I have a problem with. Some songs get "thumpy" for some reason, even with the volume turned down.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
Pandora sounds great here, better than my BB Pearl. Also I'm not sure if people know this but the high quality option is for Pandora One subscribers and does nothing if you use a free account.

Interesting, did NOT know that.

Playing around with it tonight plugged into my PC sound system, it sounds FM quality or better. Better than SAT radio in the car. Ill experiment with it soon in the car, Im wondering how well it will do when moving and data signal is a little more variable.

jc