Pandora Link

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Hey all. I did some searching looking for some information on this, but couldn't find anything other than brief mentions. I ask about its availability because Alpine has a nice unit (iDA-X305S) that uses this software to allow you to stream from your iPhone to the deck. Beats running a cable.

Anyone think we'll see more of this or are most people just accomplishing something similar via Bluetooth? I'd really like this deck, but would guess I would have to settle for a BT enabled instead due to lack of Pandora Link.

Discuss...

TheFearBoners

Reaction score
Agreed

I found out about this deck a few weeks ago, and really like the idea of it, but am just sad that it (like so many other things) caters only to the iPhone crowd.

If you were considering getting it, there are a few things I have found out about it through talking to Alpine and Crutchfield people that have definitely encouraged me towards it.

1) Digital-to-Analog conversions through Burr-Brown DACs. These are some of the best DACs money can buy before you hit audiophile quality sound equipment. Some of the high end models of Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha receivers use Burr-Brown equipment.

2) Though I hate Alpine for making almost every feature you want into an additional unit that never costs less than a hundred dollars, their best Bluetooth add-on unit (KCE-400BT) is spectacular. It uses Parrot technology, which is second to none, IMO, and the A2DP & AVRCP audio streaming is amazing.

3) The ability to use Alpine's Imprint audio processor to 'read' the interior of your car and compensate for the distortions created by seats, carpets, roof linings, and windows. I have heard what this can do when used properly, and it is truly awesome.

All that having been said, I am seriously considering getting this receiver for the aforementioned reasons, and also, because it's an Alpine, and therefore will most likely be wonderful. Hopefully someone will come up with a PandoraLink Android app before too long, and then we can all be happy.

Ben

hurl2102

Reaction score
Hey can you still use the functions on the phone minus pandora via usb cable?