Painted up my friend's AC Car as a DROID this weekend

cb3FSU

Reaction score
My friend Jason (a member here) got a crazy RC car this week and he had me try to create a DROID themed paint job. It came out ok, learned a valuable lesson about allowing paint to dry completely before applying a second coat. He still has to hit it with a couple coats of clear to make it shine but for a first attempt I was pretty happy with it.

On this one I had to paint it from the outside because it already had a design with stickers and had been ridden pretty hard so it was chipped up and cracked a bit so you can see some flaws., the stickers didnt take paint very well. On the next one ill be able to paint it from the inside and it will look waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

1264358915299.jpg

1264358969279.jpg

1264358895031.jpg

1264358934340.jpg

OP
C

cb3FSU

Reaction score
you should add (2.1 coming any minute now) on it also

Thats what we were planning to do but we ran out of time, he was just in town for the weekend and this was done on a wild hair we had.

zakany

Reaction score
I think I now have a design in mind of the next pinewood derby car I help my daughter build. :icon_ banana:

OP
C

cb3FSU

Reaction score
Are you located anywhere near Minnesota?

I ask because I like it but don't have the talent to do something like this myself and would love to have a canopy for my r/c helicopter painted like this.

I am doing an FSU/DROID car for my friend next. Let me get a little more practice and then Im going to try to start doing them for people. I dont want to disappoint anyone if they don't come out as well as they hoped because just materials on these things come to $40-50.

They are pretty light so shipping shouldnt be a big deal.

bdbraaten

Reaction score
Are you located anywhere near Minnesota?

I ask because I like it but don't have the talent to do something like this myself and would love to have a canopy for my r/c helicopter painted like this.

I am doing an FSU/DROID car for my friend next. Let me get a little more practice and then Im going to try to start doing them for people. I dont want to disappoint anyone if they don't come out as well as they hoped because just materials on these things come to $40-50.

They are pretty light so shipping shouldnt be a big deal.

Shoot me a p/m when you're ready. I'll mail you a canopy for it so all you'll have to worry about is painting it and sending it back to me.

Daver

Reaction score
Traxxas slash? Looks pretty good. I've always been far too lazy to lay a custom paintjob on my rc car bodies lol.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
lol i thought it was way smaller then i saw the boot/leg near it thing looks huge. Nice paint job

DroidHoBo

Reaction score
Every one at my office is very jelious of the paint job dude, thanks. Cant wait to see what the next one you paint for me looks like. Racing Wednesday night so its a good thing you took a bunch of pictures because that body may not look that nice after then. j/k I wont be running that body in a race, its just for looks. CBIII Racing & Graphic Design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again.

OP
C

cb3FSU

Reaction score
Every one at my office is very jelious of the paint job dude, thanks. Cant wait to see what the next one you paint for me looks like. Racing Wednesday night so its a good thing you took a bunch of pictures because that body may not look that nice after then. j/k I wont be running that body in a race, its just for looks. CBIII Racing & Graphic Design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again.

Another satisfied customer. :icon_ banana: