OTA is out!

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
I believe the fix for swype was as mentioned and then clearing the app data in manage applications.

Yes. I told the guy who posted to make a new thread. Fixed me right up.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

seaniscrazy

Reaction score

DroidMoose

Reaction score
My phone does seem faster now than before. I have not added any launcher to this phone.

neilrl79

Reaction score
Your keys on your hard keyboard shouldn't get "stuck" anymore and when you open Google Talk you should have a camera next to your instead of a green dot.

You should be able to find a complete changelog with Google Search.

I wouldn't be so sure about your keys not getting "stuck" on your keyboard anymore. Mine seemed to go away but ended up coming back

mbaker

Reaction score
I'm new to the Android world so I'm not entirely sure how this stuff usually works. I'm reading that the newest version for the Droid 3 just became available in the last day or two - and indeed, my wife's phone just offered to update today. I bought two Droid 3's two and a half weeks ago (received them on 9/12); one of them (my wife's) came with 5.5.959, but the other (mine) shipped with 5.6.890. I'm a little surprised that mine shipped with 890, but what do you guys think?

mbaker

Reaction score
will the 1 click root work on the new update?

In a word, yes. My Droid 3 shipped with 5.6.890 and I had already rooted it using Pete's Motorola Root Tools. I also just applied the OTA to my wife's phone (which shipped with 5.5.959), and re-rooted it with the same tool kit. No problems at all, couldn't be simpler.

agent83

Reaction score
Just got my OTA and the video chat is awesome! Fixed the swype Spanish issue.
Weird thing happened though, when my phone first rebooted after OTA download, it made a strange sound while turned off for about 60 seconds.For a minute there I thought my D3 was bricked LOL.

Blue tint in camera is gone now thank God.

kabeeo

Reaction score
Same here with the weird sound. I can't find the voice chat.

agent83

Reaction score
Same here with the weird sound. I can't find the voice chat.
You mean "video" chat, right? Google Talk has the video chat. It uses your front facing camera by default, and if you tap the image of your video it will switch to the main 1080P camera.

My buddy tested it with me using his tablet computer and was VERY JEALOUS that his camera can't do this (he's with T-Mobile LOL).

tekno

Reaction score
Hello,
I lost root after applying the OTA update on my Verizon Droid 3. The only error I get is "link failed File exists" from the below code. When I go into terminal and do a "su", I get permission denied. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Brian

Code:
adb shell ln -s /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su

PaulJ69

Reaction score
Well after I updated and finally rerooted, my camera doesn't work. It just says unable to initialize and closes. Camera360 and fx aren't working either. My tesla led also FC too. Not sure what's going on. Anyone have anyclue how to fix it?

alanlewstherin

Reaction score
Hello,
I lost root after applying the OTA update on my Verizon Droid 3. The only error I get is "link failed File exists"

I'm having the EXACT same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this???

Thanks!