OTA From .235?

maaybraak

Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound like a ridiculous question at this point (given the 5,842,217 times it has been answered by now, lol), but is one still on the 'update path' after having flashed the. 235 leak for the Bionic? I have to go to work here in a bit, and I don't really have the time to fish around the threads to find out. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Sent from my ICED. 235 DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

cindylike24

Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound like a ridiculous question at this point (given the 5,842,217 times it has been answered by now, lol), but is one still on the 'update path' after having flashed the. 235 leak for the Bionic? I have to go to work here in a bit, and I don't really have the time to fish around the threads to find out. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Good question. I'm not sure about this myself and I'd like to know about this. I've heard that you're off the 'update path' after flashing the .235 leak for the bionic. Is this right or was I misinformed on this one?

OP
maaybraak

maaybraak

Reaction score
cindylike24 said:
Good question. I'm not sure about this myself and I'd like to know about this. I've heard that you're off the 'update path' after flashing the .235 leak for the bionic. Is this right or was I misinformed on this one?

I'm thinking that we're still on the update path as long as the ota doesn't turn out to be .232 or below. I just don't know what steps we'll have to take to initiate it altogether. Hopefully, we didn't make a mistake and/or it won't end up being more trouble than it's worth 'cause. 235 has been absolutely flawless for me thus far...

cindylike24

Reaction score
I'm on. 238 myself. Getting really anxious for the official ICS OTA update to finally be released. Hoping it will be this week. *fingers crossed*

OP
maaybraak

maaybraak

Reaction score
cindylike24 said:
I'm on. 238 myself. Getting really anxious for the official ICS OTA update to finally be released. Hoping it will be this week. *fingers crossed*

U and me both, sister!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You are off the upgrade path if you flash any leak. The upgrades only upgrade a stock "official" ROM version and can not, will not upgrade a different (leak) version.

Now you may be able to "hack" the OTA to your device just as everyone has been able to hack their way from leak 1 to leak 2 to leak 3.

Technically you are off the upgrade and will have a few hoops/steps to go through to get it. The only people on the upgrade path are those that are 100% stock.

cindylike24

Reaction score
Oh, well. When the official OTA comes out, I guess I'll have to jump through a few hoops in order to get it. Hopefully, it will come out this week so that I can do everything over my long weekend then.

Cindy

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I've read several threads on the ICS leaks since they were released, currently I'm sticking with .232!

In order to be on the upgrade path your bionic must be on .905 to receive the OTA. Currently, .905 is the only authorized version of gingerbread for any bionic! Any bionic using an ICS leak is theorically off the update path. But there are workarounds...

If you are on the leak .232 or lower you can FXZ back to .905 to receive the OTA or dl the OTA when available and posted somewhere and install in recovery.

Any leak higher than .232 (.235, .238) has a new form of security embedded in it, and that security profile won't allow you to FXZ back to .905! Anyone that took the leap to ,235 or higher is on a limb at the moment.

But I wouldn't worry to much; most of the enlightened peeps and dev's took the leap to .235 and .238 and I'm positive that a solution will be available to those that need it!

cindylike24

Reaction score
I've read several threads on the ICS leaks since they were released, currently I'm sticking with .232!

In order to be on the upgrade path your bionic must be on .905 to receive the OTA. Currently, .905 is the only authorized version of gingerbread for any bionic! Any bionic using an ICS leak is theorically off the update path. But there are workarounds...

If you are on the leak .232 or lower you can FXZ back to .905 to receive the OTA or dl the OTA when available and posted somewhere and install in recovery.

Any leak higher than .232 (.235, .238) has a new form of security embedded in it, and that security profile won't allow you to FXZ back to .905! Anyone that took the leap to ,235 or higher is on a limb at the moment.

But I wouldn't worry to much; most of the enlightened peeps and dev's took the leap to .235 and .238 and I'm positive that a solution will be available to those that need it!

That's what I was thinking about the OTA when it comes out. I'm really hoping that it comes out this weekend because my birthday is Thursday and I'm off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (three day weekend). That would give me plenty of time to play around with it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

You're not that out on a limb, while you can't go back to .905, the information at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/214902-downgrade-902-no-app-data-loss.html shows you can go forward.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
True you can go forward, but right now you can't go back!

If you want to get on the update path for the OTA, those on .235 and higher will have to wait for a solution to be developed.