OTA and Titanium Backup restore question

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Right now I'm rooted but otherwise stock with my Bionic. Per what I posted in another discussion, I couldn't pull the OTA update until after I performed a factory reset, BUT before I restored the phone with a full backup courtesy of Titanium Backup.

My question is this: If I performed a factory reset, pulled the update, and THEN proceeded to restore my phone back to its previous stats (apps, settings) via TiBu, would that work?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ripper2860

Reaction score
I restored APPS and APPLICATION settings via TiBU after the OTA with no issues. Just make sure you do not restore SYSTEM SETTINGS -- just the APPS and APP SETTINGS.

OP
L

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Okay, so I performed the factory reset and was able to download the OTA, and then I restored apps and system data via TiBu. When I downloaded the OTA I indicated that I wanted to install it later, and th system said that it would remind me in an hour. Is there a way to force it to install sooner?

I tried check for the update again under "phone info " but after I restored via TiBu I of course received the same "Check for update not available at this time" message.

OP
L

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
I restored APPS and APPLICATION settings via TiBU after the OTA with no issues. Just make sure you do not restore SYSTEM SETTINGS -- just the APPS and APP SETTINGS.

Ripper, thanks for the tip. I'll try and see if I can do it with restring the system settings first before going the route you suggested...

ripper2860

Reaction score
Post up how that goes. Everything I've read is that you should not restore systems settings unless you are applying them to the exact firmware/rom rev you backed up from due to potential differences. Doing so can result in boot-loops, application force closes, and general instability. Not saying it'll happen -- but be aware.