Ordered over phone 11/9 3pm est

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Ship date on order form says 11/10

Update: Called VZW 11/10 3:30PM EST and got FEDEX tracking number. Pro will be here on Friday 11/12. VZW website to check order is down. Call.

OP
J

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Pro is for my wife

My wife has a Blackberry 8830 Old Technology. I got it for her. I love, and I am keeping my X.

2020is

Reaction score
Did you figure out a way around the "no upgrade" you mentioned in a previous post? My wife is listed as not eligible for an upgrade until early 2011 but her current Ozone is giving her some problems. I figured I would be paying retail for a Pro for her after she sees mine.:unsure:

OP
J

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Got another line

I got another line for $9.99 a month. I can handle that better than $479. I think I can probably drop it after a while for a reduced termination fee. It's a 2 year contract. I got the phone for the net $179 advertised price.

StingRay

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never looked into adding additional lines...

you were able to purchase the Droid Pro and add a full data plan for only $9.99 a month? is this unlimited data or a low data use line?

sorry again for the questions, but I'm weighing my options and would like to get the Droid Pro....I should be due an annual upgrade within the next week or two, but as usual Verizon "customer service" refuses to acknowledge that the annual upgrade policy even exists....

thanks for any info!

OP
J

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
I think this is how it works:

I think that once I get the Pro, I can transfer my wife's phone number to the new Phone from the Blackberry. Her phone will have all the bells and whistles, data plan, etc. Then I will be left with just a $9.99 line with nothing on it, no data plan, etc. Blackberry will go into the drawer for at least a month while she tries out the Droid Pro. I am sure she will like it and keep it. Good luck. I wanted the Pro for my wife and nothing was going to stop me.

danwanna

Reaction score
I've done the add a line thing in the past as well. Just make sure you get or have a phone that doesn't require a data plan since they will not let you drop the data plan off a smartphone or Blackberry. I keep a couple old dumb phones that wont even hold a charge around for this very reason.

OP
J

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks for the info. Heading into my basement now!!!

kwilkins

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to check their order status on Verizons website? I put my order number in from the confirmation email and get the following

"We do not have a record of Order Number xxxxxxxxx. Please verify that you have the correct number and try again. For additional assistance, please contact us.

Ned

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to check their order status on Verizons website? I put my order number in from the confirmation email and get the following

"We do not have a record of Order Number xxxxxxxxx. Please verify that you have the correct number and try again. For additional assistance, please contact us.

I am having the same problem. I ordered it yesterday online but the system does not recognize my order number. I called today and they can see the order internally. I am a little angry because they shipped it two day and not overnight. I will have the Droid PRO on Friday. Too bad I am giving it to the wife :(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kwilkins

Reaction score

I am having the same problem. I ordered it yesterday online but the system does not recognize my order number. I called today and they can see the order internally. I am a little angry because they shipped it two day and not overnight. I will have the Droid PRO on Friday. Too bad I am giving it to the wife :(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Do they typically ship next-day, or is two-day the norm?

Ned

Reaction score
As far as I remeber, all my other online orders were sent overnight.
Can't wait to give it a test drive. I ordered it under my line so I will need to do an ESN switch when I get it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App