Opinion of a fascinate?

snowbdr89

Reaction score
Im thinking about trying out a fascinate so im looking for some opinions on it an how it performs when rooted!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

k rock

Reaction score
Im thinking about trying out a fascinate so im looking for some opinions on it an how it performs when rooted!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Wonderful. Battery is okay but nothing we can do till the source code gets released.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 EC10v Fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
*Edit: Once rooted it performs awesome with Froyo. Super Responsive all around. There are only a couple Froyo Roms right now. Super Clean 2.9.1 is pretty stable IMO and there are a good amount of themes.

Battery is good for me after wiping bstats. I get about 15+ hrs on SuperClean 2.9.1 with moderate use and screen brightness at 40%.

I just got mine, rooted it and put froyo on it. It was fast IMO even before I rooted it. I hated the blur interface that was on my droid1, so this is a breath of fresh air. I would go to the store and try one out. I was in the market for a Droid X or Fascinate. Here are the pro's and con's for me.

Pros

-Screen is Awesome, best on the market IMO
-Design: Slim, Lightweight, Nice looking
-Camera compared to my old Droid1 is an improvement
-Some people hate TouchWiz Launcher. I love it.
-Responsive and has a built in program monitor.
-Awesome puzzle lockscreen shows messages and missed calls
-Widgets in notification pull down (bluetooth, wireless, gps, etc)
-Over all the entire interface, adequate speed and physical design is what won me over.

Cons

-Bing maps and search are default and suck (can remove with root)
-Has a good amount of bloatware (can remove with root)
-No update to Froyo 2.2 in site (can update to custom froyo roms if root)
-Ram a little lower than Droid X, Droid 2, etc but doesn't really effect things too much (use program monitor)
-I am not sure of all the cons with stock as I rooted it the second day I had it

Last edited:
OP
S

snowbdr89

Reaction score
What are your benchmarks like? Not that benchmarks really matter just curious, I have a dx but gettin tired of it an with verizons lame phone line up : l

k rock

Reaction score
snap20110323_185326.png

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 EC10v Fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is my quadrant. Keep in mind we are using voodoo kernels which need to be removed properly when going to non voodoo kernels or you may get a soft brick from what I here. Non voodoo kernels for froyo are not over clocked yet and get around 1000.

Sent from my fascinate

DaleV

Reaction score
Out of the box it is buggy as hell. I am now running sc 2.9.1 with the ec10 voodoo kernel and it rocks. no fc's or other problems, text, phone, apps, net, everything working excellent.

My two cents, if you are ok with voiding your warranty and rooting/modding, great phone. if you are planning on staying stock, keeping warranty, not rooting/modding, save yourself a ton of headaches and frustration and get something else, Verizon and Samsung haven't done much for this phone. So much promise from the specs, so little support from manufacturer and carrier.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Last edited:

Sneakysolidbake

Reaction score
*Edit: Once rooted it performs awesome with Froyo. Super Responsive all around. There are only a couple Froyo Roms right now. Super Clean 2.9.1 is pretty stable IMO and there are a good amount of themes.

Battery is good for me after wiping bstats. I get about 15+ hrs on SuperClean 2.9.1 with moderate use and screen brightness at 40%.

I just got mine, rooted it and put froyo on it. It was fast IMO even before I rooted it. I hated the blur interface that was on my droid1, so this is a breath of fresh air. I would go to the store and try one out. I was in the market for a Droid X or Fascinate. Here are the pro's and con's for me.

Pros

-Screen is Awesome, best on the market IMO
-Design: Slim, Lightweight, Nice looking
-Camera compared to my old Droid1 is an improvement
-Some people hate TouchWiz Launcher. I love it.
-Responsive and has a built in program monitor.
-Awesome puzzle lockscreen shows messages and missed calls
-Widgets in notification pull down (bluetooth, wireless, gps, etc)
-Over all the entire interface, adequate speed and physical design is what won me over.

Cons

-Bing maps and search are default and suck (can remove with root)
-Has a good amount of bloatware (can remove with root)
-No update to Froyo 2.2 in site (can update to custom froyo roms if root)
-Ram a little lower than Droid X, Droid 2, etc but doesn't really effect things too much (use program monitor)
-I am not sure of all the cons with stock as I rooted it the second day I had it

Blur was never on the droid 1...

AllForNaught

Reaction score
snowbdr89

At the risk of seeming petulant, there are dedicated threads for your exact questions, if you would only search.

I always like seeing new visitors to the forums, and there's a wealth of generous contributors here to help you out - but it's frustrating to think they have to repost the same answers across several threads.

The search bar, stickies, and thread listings are efficiently categorized for you to search first, and if you can't find what you're looking for, by all means, ask.

But just a few threads down is a 'benchmarks' thread, and the forums are teeming with user impressions of all the listed droid phones.

Smartypants

Reaction score
Great phone BUT I would not buy until it had 2.2 in the box even if you want to root. My own wish list contains a front facing camera, a larger screen, 4G and hdmi out.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right it was just stock vanilla android on d1 right? Sorry. Well I don't like either. Tw is the best imo and there are always replacement launchers anyways.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I got mine off ebay cuz I want to save my upgrade just incase something spectacular comes out. But this phone turned out to be pretty good.

Sent from my fascinate

Sneakysolidbake

Reaction score
I agree TW and sense are both pretty nice. Only thing I don't like about TW is how big everything looks but I suppose that's also due to screen size. I use adw ex with 5 rows and 5 columns on the homescreen :p