Only want to change notification bar icons?

OP
M

mattyEZS

Reaction score
I have ninjamorph, but where can I find the png files I need?

OP
M

mattyEZS

Reaction score
Meaning, if I find a theme that has the images I want how can I pull only the notification icon png files I want?

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Which icons do you want..follow the guide and apply it for whatever you want..for the notification bar, it should be under stat_notify_example.png..if its the alarm..example will be replaced by alarm. Lol..when doing the battery icon there could be five it ten pngs because of the different levels of the battery..you have to change each one..and for the signal it will have four or five png's (can't remember exactly)..change each one..for no signal, one bar, two bars, three bars, four (full) bars..it will show the pictures

Meaning, if I find a theme that has the images I want how can I pull only the notification icon png files I want?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
M

mattyEZS

Reaction score
Like the 3G icon, the battery icon, the signal strength icon, ect. I have the framework.res apk from the theme that has the correct icons...

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Once your in ninjamorph and you click the png you wanna change, then go to where you stored that particular theme in your op and change out the corresponding png under drawable-hdpi....are you in ninjamorph now?

OP
M

mattyEZS

Reaction score
Ok I figured it out. Downloaded the framework res.apk file from the skin that had all the icons i wanted.

Extracted it to the android themes folder. Went into ninjamorph and opened the default framework res.apk

Went into root explorer and copied all the stat icons from the skin and pasted them into the default framework res.apk folder. (they were located in a sub folder called drawable-hdpi or something like that.)

Once I copied them in, I finished the project in Ninja morph and the phone rebooted.

When it came on I had all new status bar icons. Works perfectly!

Dustin0308

Reaction score
yup..that's it..you can mess around with other things in there too :)
Ok I figured it out. Downloaded the framework res.apk file from the skin that had all the icons i wanted.

Extracted it to the android themes folder. Went into ninjamorph and opened the default framework res.apk

Went into root explorer and copied all the stat icons from the skin and pasted them into the default framework res.apk folder. (they were located in a sub folder called drawable-hdpi or something like that.)

Once I copied them in, I finished the project in Ninja morph and the phone rebooted.

When it came on I had all new status bar icons. Works perfectly!