OG voice & data...

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Hey, since the Thunderbolt can do both voice and data at the same time do you think that tecno can be incorporated to the OG? The bolt is a CDMA chip device just as the drill so is this possible? Interesting topic to say the least...!!! I found it on droidlife and its not something that you'll hear from the salesperson because they "Verizon" doesnt want the word to get out since the Vphone cant do voice/data yet.... Any thoughts.....!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
if it's a 4g device, they'll probably tag you with a 4g data plan.

Triumphrider

Reaction score
The thunderbolt will be able to use voice on 3g and data on 4g at the same time because it had a LTE radio for data. I would imagine that the only time you will be able to use both at one time is when you are on 4g. The OG Droid cannot do this due to the lack of an LTE radio, cdma only.

Sent from my Droid

Mortiel

Reaction score
The thunderbolt will be able to use voice on 3g and data on 4g at the same time because it had a LTE radio for data. I would imagine that the only time you will be able to use both at one time is when you are on 4g. The OG Droid cannot do this due to the lack of an LTE radio, cdma only.

Sent from my Droid

Actually, the Thunderbolt will be able to multi-task voice and data on purely 3G. However, Verizon has strict orders out that we are not supposed to mention that as a selling point.

The reason for this is that multi-tasking voice and data on 3G can potentially degrade voice quality or days speeds. KEEP THAT IN MIND.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
yea its over 3g thats why i asked cus if its over 3g using a cdma chip just like the OG then can we manage this also, they're both using the same things.... so y not?

Triumphrider

Reaction score
"The inability to multitask can be traced to a decision years ago by the engineers developing CDMA to split voice and data traffic into separate signals, so they can't run both at once. Now, they're working to overcome it. A solution that will allow CDMA networks to carry voice and data simultaneously will become commercially available in the first half of [2011], said Brad Shewmake, spokesman for the CDMA Development

Sent from my Droid

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
so does that mean that hopefully the OG will get voice/data................................? cus that was kinda of a vague message...

Mortiel

Reaction score
so does that mean that hopefully the OG will get voice/data................................? cus that was kinda of a vague message...

There is no information on that yet, so who knows.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum