Disappointed -- No simultaneous voice + data

Reaction score
At my house, 4G cuts in and out so I mostly just have a 3G signal and unlike the Thunderbolt I had the Droid RAZR cannot do 3G + voice. I'm not sure if it can do 4G+ voice but the Thunderbolt had an SVDO radio which allowed it to do both. I just assumed that since Verizon's first 4G phone had this capability that all the "improved" phones after it would too but I was wrong.

Can the Droid Razr do voice + data with a 4g signal?

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
yes. 4G can but 3G cannot.

Good, that's what I was thinking because it's CDMA + LTE. At least it can do that and my area should be upgraded soon. I have 2 4G bars sometimes and I would think that would be enough but I guess not.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah. That was one great thing about the tbolt. Nexus appears to be the same as the razr in that department. I guess that's a side effect of making a phone really slim

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
At my house, 4G cuts in and out so I mostly just have a 3G signal and unlike the Thunderbolt I had the Droid RAZR cannot do 3G + voice. I'm not sure if it can do 4G+ voice but the Thunderbolt had an SVDO radio which allowed it to do both. I just assumed that since Verizon's first 4G phone had this capability that all the "improved" phones after it would too but I was wrong.

Can the Droid Razr do voice + data with a 4g signal?

Add WIFI and you can surf and talk all you want.

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
You can talk and surf the web if you're connected to wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

wcjeep

Reaction score
my nexus can surf data 4g and talk at the same time. talking is probably 3g.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
my nexus can surf data 4g and talk at the same time. talking is probably 3g.

Yes...all LTE phones on Verizon can too. Like it was posted earlier and what the OP wanted, only the T Bolt and Rezound can do it on 3G data. Which means if you have your RAZR or G Nex set to 3G only, or its connected to 3G only, it cant do voice and data at the same time.