NVIDIA Shows Off Marshmallow on their Shield Tablet K1; Update Still Scheduled for December

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nvidia-tab-k1-marshmallow.jpg

It's so tempting to grab the newer and cheaper NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1. After NVIDIA recently dropped its price down to just $199.99 (by cutting a few minor features/addons), it has become an incredible value proposition for the most powerful Android tablet available. The only negative for the tab is that it was still stuck on Android 5.0 Lollipop. Luckily, that's about to change too.

According to the latest video released by NVIDIA, you can see Android 6.0 Marshmallow running on the super-tab. While it hasn't been officially released to owners of the Shield Tablet K1 yet, NVIDIA has promised that it will push out OTA before the end of the year.

How many of you folks are tempted to grab this tablet as a stocking stuffer for the holidays?

Be sure to check out the video in the thread below.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that video:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I would seriously consider one if my laptop GPU supported it. I have a gaming laptop but I've had it a long time. It's showing it's age and isn't compatible to stream...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I would seriously consider one if my laptop GPU supported it. I have a gaming laptop but I've had it a long time. It's showing it's age and isn't compatible to stream...
You can stream direct from NVIDIA's servers. I haven't tried it yet, because I didn't pick up the controller (yet), but it's supposed to be PC quality.

As for Marshmallow, I'm beyond happy that they're sticking to their timeline. I bought the K1 shortly after they announced it, believing their promise of getting Marshmallow before the end of the year. Good to know they're on track to deliver.

I've been really pleased with this tablet, having transitioned my old Nexus 7 2012 to a tablet for my stepson.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, for $8/mo.... No. I already pay for enough monthly services. Not doing it to game.