Now a Droid Incredible 2 owner!

Ab2007

Reaction score
I just switched to this phone from the fascinate (after threatening Verizon) and I am really impressed.. Way more features, and no problems AT ALL. :) HOWEVER, I am disappointed about not having Swype... Please tell me I'M misinformed? And also does this phone have the screen shot capability as well without having to download an app?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

TheOldFart

Reaction score
No Swype, and just when I decided that I might like it after playing with it on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Player. I don't think that HTC puts it on their phones. I did try the voice to text and might find that useful. It was accurate. Still like my new Inc2 though.

Last edited:
OP
A

Ab2007

Reaction score
no swype and screen shot? :(.. but at least there is a front facing camera!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
There are Swype type keyboard apps on the market. I use TouchPal and it is pretty smooth and accurate. As for screen shots, there are paid apps on the market that don't require root access. Open the market and search "screen shot".

This post is Incredible 2!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can easily download/install Swype - the beta is still open: Swype | Text Input for Screens

Honestly it's more up to date and works better than the 'native' swype apps on phones anyway, and updates automatically.

And there is an app in the market that can do screenshots without root - it's clunky, and requires a reboot I believe, but it does work. I just can't remember which one it is now... *looks around*

And for what it's worth, I've literally tried all the latest and greatest and I'm back on my Inc2. It's reliable, it's not 4G (which, while slower, allows it a reliable connection), and it's just an all around solid device. It might not get the latest and greatest software for the next two years, but if you are interested in rooting, their are some nice ROMs out there for it, including an ICS port which is being worked on.

Last edited:
OP
A

Ab2007

Reaction score
Works great thx!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
THere is no app to take screenshots. I tried them all before I rooted. None work with the Dinc2.