Notifications tones

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the Notification tones for email and texts. I have new tones downloaded and can change the ringtones, but can't figure out how (or if you even can) to chnge the tones for the other notifications.

Darryl

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the Notification tones for email and texts. I have new tones downloaded and can change the ringtones, but can't figure out how (or if you even can) to chnge the tones for the other notifications.

Darryl

you have to change the ringtone for each specific app. go into the settings for the app you want to change

tgrillot87

Reaction score
I've had the same issue. I know to go into the settings for the particular app, but when you do that, the only options it gives are the stock notification tones. How do you set a non-stock notification tone for messaging or email without having to user the default ringtone option which sets all your notifications the same?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where's the non-stock notification tone? It should appear as an option if it's in a folder named Notifications on your SD card.

tgrillot87

Reaction score
I downloaded them from mabilo ringtones app, so they are in whatever folder they are automatically saved in. I'm not sure where that would be. I don't see a folder called Notifications on the sdcard. Do I have to create it?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I downloaded them from mabilo ringtones app, so they are in whatever folder they are automatically saved in. I'm not sure where that would be. I don't see a folder called Notifications on the sdcard. Do I have to create it?

Exactly create one, put any sound you like in that folder, solved

tgrillot87

Reaction score
Great! Thanks. Will that work for ringtones as well or just for notifications?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make a file on your sdcard and name it "media" inside of that file make one called "audio" and inside of that file you can make three files,"ringtones" "notifications" and "alarms" then put the sounds you would like to use in their corresponding files

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

nubby

Reaction score
For non-rooted you can use astro , sdcard/media/audio and create "notifications" folder. Put the clips in there and you can access them from the notifications for your texts etc.

tgrillot87

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna go home and try recording some completely original ones on my keyboard.