Notification Volume Low?

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
I have searched and found no definitive answer. Is there a way to markedly increase the volume of notifications (and/or ringtones)? I'm new to the whole Droid world, so maybe it's one of those "it is what it is". My BB Storm had incredible volume almost to the point of being too loud. But, sadly to say, I am finding the incredible volume, well, less than incredible. In a quiet setting it is OK but I need to use my phone in an industrial setting and the volume is not loud enough (some settings require hearing protection). Any thoughts or feedback? Any "future" hacks for this issue?
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere (or if I am posting in the wrong place) but I was not able to find anything relating back to this issue as of yet.
LOVE the Dinc!!!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have searched and found no definitive answer. Is there a way to markedly increase the volume of notifications (and/or ringtones)? I'm new to the whole Droid world, so maybe it's one of those "it is what it is". My BB Storm had incredible volume almost to the point of being too loud. But, sadly to say, I am finding the incredible volume, well, less than incredible. In a quiet setting it is OK but I need to use my phone in an industrial setting and the volume is not loud enough (some settings require hearing protection). Any thoughts or feedback? Any "future" hacks for this issue?
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere (or if I am posting in the wrong place) but I was not able to find anything relating back to this issue as of yet.
LOVE the Dinc!!!

Well my regular volume is the same as the notification, so not sure which notifications you mean, you can try settings/sound & display/media volume tho.

OP
R

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
I guess it would be the same actual volume control no that I look at it... but the noticiations for text messages seem to be "low"... is there a way to also have noticiation sounds for email coming into your phone? I get the envelope icon at the top when I get a new message but no sound notification (can't remember if this is something I turned off by accident trying to get sounds louder)..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I guess it would be the same actual volume control no that I look at it... but the noticiations for text messages seem to be "low"... is there a way to also have noticiation sounds for email coming into your phone? I get the envelope icon at the top when I get a new message but no sound notification (can't remember if this is something I turned off by accident trying to get sounds louder)..

yea when you have email open, hit menu menu then settings and adjust notification sound.

OP
R

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
Man-o-man... so many places to make changes (a litle different than the BB)... Sorry for asking what now seems like a pretty dubm question. Thanks!!!