Notification Light not working

rosariorose9

Reaction score
I'm no longer seeing the light with incoming texts or emails, and I cannot find where to check in my settings to see if it has been turned off. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do you notice the light when you get notifications from other apps?

If so, you'll want to check the settings for the apps that aren't working with the notification light.

There is a setting for it in the main settings, but many apps also have their own options. Although, if you use Gmail for email, I'm not seeing an option about the notification light in the settings in my gmail app.

The main setting for the phone is in settings, notifications, then tap the gear icon in the upper right & make sure "Pulse notification light" is checked. (That's where it is on my Pixel XL, anyway...)

Sent from my Pixel XL

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, jonny. Much appreciated.

Yes, "pulse notification light" is checked, and each of the apps is properly 'set up' for notification. I've now done a TON of research. Turns out that this is a very common issue with 7.0 on the 6P, and it has yet to be addressed by Google. Sooooo, I've installed 'Light Flow', which has now given me back my notification light. All's well that ends well....:)