Notification clock

justinthegeek

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the clock in the notification bar? I've seen it done with themes, just wondering if there was a way to do it from the source code.

wingdo

Reaction score
Do the themes actually disable it (i.e. give you back the bar real estate) or do they just make it not visible?

Reaction score
From what I understand, it disables it so everything slides over, instead of just having a gap and making it invisible

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like that option. Gives a nice clean look.

wingdo

Reaction score
OK, I wish BlackBar did that. I'll have to pester the author.

wingdo

Reaction score
Hmmmm ... I'll have to pester cvpcs then. Bugzilla here I come.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I should revise - maybe a theme could remove it with a change to services.jar, but you would never be able to get it back if you wanted.

Reaction score
MM and froyo don't seem to get along well, usually causes fc's and reboots. But if somebody decides to give this a shot let me know

52brandon

Reaction score
you can make it completely transparent in spare parts. Kind of a temporary fix until cvpcs can address it

Se7enLC

Reaction score
It would need to be a hack done to services.jar. Any metamorph or update.zip theme that makes that mod HAS to be custom to a particular rom - as all they do is include a modified copy of the system.jar file and transplant it.

I would like to see a spareparts mod for that as well - not sure if that is even possible or reasonable, but I didn't think changing text colors in there was possible until I tried this rom!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It would need to be a hack done to services.jar. Any metamorph or update.zip theme that makes that mod HAS to be custom to a particular rom - as all they do is include a modified copy of the system.jar file and transplant it.

I would like to see a spareparts mod for that as well - not sure if that is even possible or reasonable, but I didn't think changing text colors in there was possible until I tried this rom!

CyanogenMod has all sorts of color options as well as removal of clock in the spare parts it includes in the ROM.